BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ford Racing M-6007-XE3M Engine

Post Thanks / Like

Ford Racing M-6007-XE3M Engine

I might be over thinking this, but Ford no longer offers Guides for this 302 variant. Although it only has 900 miles on it, it's 10+ years old so I want to go through it. I'm looking for tune up specs, oil weight/capacity, spark plugs, and other basic engine maintenance documentation. I was told by Ford it started life as a stock 93' Mustang Cobra short block with the addition of GT-40 heads. I suppose I could just go buy an OE 93' Mustang Cobra service manual and run with it, but not sure what impact the roller cams/lifters/rockers would have vs the production variant. I'm new to American V8's and use to having full documentation on the motors I've built so be gentle.
    Thanks, S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdb999 View Post
    I might be over thinking this, but Ford no longer offers Guides for this 302 variant. Although it only has 900 miles on it, it's 10+ years old so I want to go through it. I'm looking for tune up specs, oil weight/capacity, spark plugs, and other basic engine maintenance documentation. I was told by Ford it started life as a stock 93' Mustang Cobra short block with the addition of GT-40 heads. I suppose I could just go buy an OE 93' Mustang Cobra service manual and run with it, but not sure what impact the roller cams/lifters/rockers would have vs the production variant. I'm new to American V8's and use to having full documentation on the motors I've built so be gentle.
    Thanks, S.
    take a look at this https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...M-6007-B50.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks @mtcoriel, getting closer. This pdf will probably suffice, it's for the engine just prior to mine the M-6007-XE3. Not sure what would be different on my M-6007-XE3M, I mean how much difference could one letter in a part number make? The 2006 Ford catalog simply states that "the XE3M replaces the XE3 with additional features" Sounds like marketing speak to me. Thanks again, I'm way ahead.
    S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this will help in your specific case, but I've had to search for product info for things that are no longer on a company's website, and using the 'internet wayback machine' has been invaluable. This website basically archives snapshots from websites at various points in time, and you can go back and browse any website at any point in the past. In your case, you may be able to go browse the Ford Performance site from 10 years ago (or whenever your engine was a current product offering) and find the related product literature.

https://archive.org/web/
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a cool tool to be sure @JohnK. I found my answer via Ford Racing tech line. Both Motors, XE3 and XE3M, are identical in specs so they didn't bother to create separate documents for the later engine, they just shipped with the same paperwork. The "M" was added only to clarify that all the bits on this crate motor were Mustang compatible. Thanks all.