Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seat Adjusters

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seat Adjusters

Does anyone know whether Summits seat adjusters, part number g1153 or g1150 will work well with the mk4 roadster seats? And, if so, will they require modification or extra brackets to work?
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - not sure on the Summits.

I have a set of FFR seat adjusters you are welcome to "purchase". $20 plus shipping.

I went with the Breeze adjusters as I was looking for some tilt as well.

You are in our neck of the woods. We have a summer place in Antioch on Fox Lake near captain's Quarters.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPBFoot View Post
    Sorry - not sure on the Summits.

I have a set of FFR seat adjusters you are welcome to "purchase". $20 plus shipping.

I went with the Breeze adjusters as I was looking for some tilt as well.

You are in our neck of the woods. We have a summer place in Antioch on Fox Lake near captain's Quarters.

Steve
    Steve,

I wasn't sure about the FFR tracks since only one side adjusts. As for Breeze, which has excellent products, do you have to unbolt to adjust? Or am I not correct

As for proximity, you are darn right that you're not far from me. PM sent.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay,
    Don't worry about a passenger side adjuster. Just move it all the way back, raise it to the same height as the driver's seat and permanently mount it.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Jay,
    Don't worry about a passenger side adjuster. Just move it all the way back, raise it to the same height as the driver's seat and permanently mount it.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I was concerned that only one side of the driver side FFR seat rail ratcheted. Am I mistaken?

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    Jeff,

I was concerned that only one side of the driver side FFR seat rail ratcheted. Am I mistaken?

Jay
    Jay,

You are correct only one side of the FFR seat tracks ratchets and locks. The other side of the seat is a slider. I'm sure Jeff can comment on how this works from a rigidity standpoint. The seats are pretty solid so maybe you'd never notice only one side locking?

Sent you a text about getting together.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you do install a track on the driver side there is no need to raise the passenger side to match. It is common for driver and passenger buckets to be in different positions anyway so it would be near impossible for someone to "notice", and if they did, what of it?
    My experience is that the roadster windshield is pretty small/low and to stay behind it you can't afford much height in the seat - in fact you want to install it as low as possible. The Breeze kit keeps the back edge of the seat just about touching the floor.

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...classic-seats/
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mark,

I appreciate you weighing in. Hope you're doing well.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    Jeff,

Jay
    No, I was and now understand what you meant by "only one side adjusts".

I have used the g1153 (or a virtually identical generic version) on 2 cars. Expect to do a bit of simple modifying and fabrication but no big deal. I don't recall for sure but I think your car has the larger steel plate under the seat area which will make things easier...with earlier cars (even the first few years of the Mk4) the major challenge is often working around getting the tracks bolted to steel rather than just the .040 aluminum. If you care to take a look there are a few pics and some text starting around post #13 in the "Mk4 7276" buiild thread linked below.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    No, I was and now understand what you meant by "only one side adjusts".

I have used the g1153 (or a virtually identical generic version) on 2 cars. Expect to do a bit of simple modifying and fabrication but no big deal. I don't recall for sure but I think your car has the larger steel plate under the seat area which will make things easier...with earlier cars (even the first few years of the Mk4) the major challenge is often working around getting the tracks bolted to steel rather than just the .040 aluminum. If you care to take a look there are a few pics and some text starting around post #13 in the "Mk4 7276" buiild thread linked below.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff,

I do have the steel plate under the driver's side. Pics and walk thru are excellent.

Hope you are staying warm. Currently -25 here and creeping up to -30. Fun living in Wisconsin.

Jay