Hi, My name is Rafael, I have been building cars since I was 16. My dream car is a Cobra of course . Most of my experience is with Chevy cars but I have worked on many vehicles throughout the years and spent 8 years of my life working as a mechanic and 2 working at a body shop.

Here is a link to the last car I built: https://www.corvetteonline.com/featu...-with-ls-swap/

I am having a hard time deciding what route to go. I know I want to get the base kit. I am looking at going 2 different directions.
1. Base kit and a donor.
2. Base kit and source out the parts I need for the build. The would be mostly new. I would get low mileage or rebuilt drive train.

I don't necessarily have to build the kit on a budget but I like to save money where I can. I think I can do it for 20K . I will also be doing all the work myself including paint.

My plan is to start looking for a donor and or source the parts I need before i order the kit.

With that in mind I have a few questions concerning donor vehicles.
1. The Lincoln Mark VIII looks like it would be a great donor. It looks like I could use the engine, Harness, trans and IRS from said vehicle. I could also do the wiring myself and not need a tune is I sourced a 94 or 95..Maybe?
2. The 3V Mustangs also look good but I'm not sure how much of the vehicle I can use for the build. Another concern is having to have the wiring "Diet" done and the ECM tuned. that would cut deep into my budget.

Soo.. now I am leaning towards the base kit and sourced parts for the build. This is where it gets interesting. If I do this I have to decide Coyote or LSx. Keeping with tradition I would love to go with the Coyote but it looks like it would cost double what a LSx build would cost.
1. Is there a list of every nut and bolt needed to complete the base kit build. ( I have looked and did not find one)
2. If I decided to go wit the Coyote can I use the truck engine to save money without having to take it apart and replace cams ETC...

Thanks, Your input is greatly appreciated.