BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Patrick's 427 Build

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick's 427 Build

I pulled the trigger and ordered my MKIV kit. Completion date is 2/2/19.

As my name suggests, I have no knowledge or experience when it comes to building a car. I went to the Mott College Build school which was helpful, but I anticipate this forum will be the main source of help when problems arise.

I've been reading multiple build threads (EdwardB, Papa, Wareagle, etc) in preparation for my kit to arrive, so I already feel like I've learned a lot about problems and troubleshooting, although I'm sure the reality of what I'm getting myself into will set in once those 26 boxes arrive.

I only work about 15 days a month, so I anticipate I'll be able to dedicate a lot of time to the build. No kids (yet). No wife (yet).

My plan is as follows:

MK4 Complete kit-powder coated
    IRS
    427w engine Holly Sniper (from the Engine Factory) Pic at bottom.
    EFI In-tank Fuel system
    Tremac TKO 600
    Power Steering
    Halibrand wheels
    sway bars (front and rear)
    Wildwood brakes (red calipers)
    Drivers side chrome roll bar
    Breeze Radiator shroud
    Russ Thompson turn signal
    Drop trunk.
    Leather seats
    Vintage gauges
    Glove Box
    Wind Visors
    Sun Visors
    Pre-assembled side louvers

Again, I'm the definition of a novice, so any help is MUCH appreciated. I look forward to the challenge.

Thanks in advance,

Pat.

Engine1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Pat! We're here for ya!
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Pat! Sounds like a great build. You will find this community excellent and very helpful, just keep your wallet close to you.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! As DadOfThree says, we're here to answer any question you can dream up. Don't worry about asking the dumb ones, 'cuz I've already monopolized that particular market!

John

P.S. When you have a moment, update your profile to include your location & build details. That'll help get answers most applicable to your build.
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Pat. Looks like a great motor.

And the fun begins!

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. In addition to John's recommendation about sig line details, get practice w/ getting pictures to Flickr and then to here. Cell camera is fine. Once you have done a few practice pics, you can go from the garage to a post here in about 3 minutes.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and enjoy the build!
    Last edited by RJD; 02-03-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.