Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  132

Thread: Patrick's 427 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build Continues-Brake Lines and Fuel Filter Question

Well, yesterday was a long day spent working with the brake lines. I started using the kit supplied brake lines, but never could get them to look the way I wanted, so I ended up going in a different direction.

I ended up using a roll of NiCop brake line. This stuff is much more bendable and easier to work with, plus I was able to use my professional flare tool that I had bought prior to starting my build.
    I was able to get the brake lines done. They're not perfect, but I think they'll work.

Additionally, I did not use any thread sealant/permatex, loctite or anything on these unions between the brake line and the adapter they fit into. Please let me know if this is needed seeing how I used a different type of brake line.

I got my fuel tank installed as well. The next step was to get the fuel filter mounted, which is where I ran into some trouble.

I can't seem to get the hose that connects the fuel filter to the fuel tank to cooperate. It's too long and when I try to bend it, it will kink.

I saw in EdwardBs thread the hose in question appears to be stainless steel. I'm thinking about making that swap in hopes that it will fit better (and looks better, imo). But if anyone has idea on how to get the filter mounted so that the kit supplied hose will fit..please let me know.

Last, anyone know this piece? It was in my E-brake hardware.

Thanks,

Patrick
    Last edited by Pat427; 03-31-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600