Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalKnowledgeNone View Post
I'm Still Here

I'm still here. I haven't had much free time to work on the car recently, plus I went and got married followed by a honeymoon, so I've been out of the garage for the past couple of weeks. But, I'm back and ready to resume the build.

Not much to discuss today.

I did manage to bleed my brakes with the help of the new wife. I think they're working correctly. I had one leak from the rear T-joint which was a huge PITA because I ended up having to make a whole new length of brake line (flares and all) and re-install it. Once I did that, there was no more leak.

There is a little bit of rubbing of the rotors on the brake pads, but not too much. When I spin the front wheels, they'll spin for about 2-3 seconds before stopping on their own, but if I push the brake pedal, those bad boys stop on a dime.

Other than that, I decided to put the car on the ground today. It was a little nerve-racking to put the car down, but it went okay. I'm getting the car ready to drop the engine in. I found an engine lift, but I'm still working on getting it into my possession because my daily driver is a smallish SUV and the lift won't fit in the back.

I temporarily installed the roll bar just for fun.

Anyway, hopefully I can get that next step done soon.

Pat
Looks awesome Pat... And Congratulations on the wedding... I knew that was coming up soon. FWIW, I had the exact problem on my rear brake crossover line, except my leak was at the passenger side end. Keep up the great work and let me know how I can help, I'm only a quick drive away....