Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another one in North Alabama

Post Thanks / Like

Another one in North Alabama

Well, the completion date for my MK4 is rapidly approaching so I thought it about time to move out of the shadows! Assuming no big delays with Stewart, I should get my kit by the end of Feb. I'm retiring on 28 Feb and this will be my project for the foreseeable future.

I've been reading as much info on the forum as possible for the past 2-3 months trying to nail down kit options, decide on panel finishing, extra goodies, etc. What a great source of info it has been! I plan to do a build thread and look forward to exchanging ideas, experiences, and lessons learned.

I would love to connect with other builders in Alabama...particularly north of Birmingham. I'm in Hartselle, a small town south of the Tennessee river a few miles.

Thanks in advance to all the members who will lend their experience to my build. I won't be shy about asking. Thanks to Erik Treves who has been a big help already.

So...let the journey begin.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. What a great retirement project. Congratulations!
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and congrats. We here on the forum love to help spend your money. Roger

4. Thanks cv2065 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roger...I can tell that already!

Post Thanks / Like
    When algunner see's your post he will link you up to a large group of car guys in north Alabama. Unfortunately, I live just 30 miles north of Bham and am a little out of the area. Welcome and let me know if I might be able to help in any way. I am still building.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Railroad. I'll look forward to hearing from algunner. Do you live around Warrior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,
    I am down in Gardendale, I am about to start tearing my roadster down for a homemade paint job. Happy to help in any way I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I am down in Auburn.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott...I've spent a lot of time on your build thread. I really liked your shifter knob! I thought it was from a UH-1 Huey till I read your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhelms56 View Post
    Thanks Railroad. I'll look forward to hearing from algunner. Do you live around Warrior?
    Yep, that is about as close as you can get. I have a rolling chassis and trying to get stuff ready for a go cart run. I am prepping the seats and sliders before the floor panels go in, etc, etc,,,,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Railroad...I'd love to come down and see your build sometime. I'm only about 30 min from you. Please PM me if we can arrange sometime. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott...I've spent a lot of time on your build thread. I really liked your shifter knob! I thought it was from a UH-1 Huey till I read your post.
    Thanks. The shifter is my favorite part of the car! If you ever make it down this far you are welcome to come by for a ride.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Thanks. The shifter is my favorite part of the car! If you ever make it down this far you are welcome to come by for a ride.
    Deal! Although, I have to warn you up front that I'm a Bama guy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Deal! Although, I have to warn you up front that I'm a Bama guy!
    offer withdrawn LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    offer withdrawn LOL
    Too late...LOL!! I have a college buddy in Dadeville not far up the road from you. I think a road trip will definitely be in order!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, you have a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jeffhelms56,

I'm in Madison and in much the same boat as you... Kit complete in 7 days. Just an FYI, I talked to Stewart this week and they indicated a mid April to early March delivery. If you are using Stewart, I wonder if you got the same story from them?

At some point someone is going to ask you what you ordered, so I guess I'll be the first.

BTW - I did a recent "first timer" post a couple weeks ago called "Hello from Alabama" so I know where you are coming from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jeff (again),I just realized you already messaged me on the referenced thread. Sorry about that - I hadn't looked it over in a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Jeff, you have a PM.
    Sent you one back...thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by welske View Post
    Hey jeffhelms56,

I'm in Madison and in much the same boat as you... Kit complete in 7 days. Just an FYI, I talked to Stewart this week and they indicated a mid April to early March delivery. If you are using Stewart, I wonder if you got the same story from them?

At some point someone is going to ask you what you ordered, so I guess I'll be the first.

BTW - I did a recent "first timer" post a couple weeks ago called "Hello from Alabama" so I know where you are coming from.
    Kevin...I talked to Stewart a couple of weeks ago and they didn’t indicate that it could be up to 6 weeks for my delivery. I’ll give them a call on Monday and will let you know what they say. In the meantime, please PM me your contact info if possible and hopefully we can link up soon.

Best...Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDamnEagle View Post
    Jeff,
    I am down in Gardendale, I am about to start tearing my roadster down for a homemade paint job. Happy to help in any way I can.
    Thanks for the offer. Railroad has one around Warrior too. I’ll have to make it a two-fer since you guys are so close. I’ll pm you when I start looking at dates in Mar to visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by welske View Post
    Hey jeffhelms56,

Kevin...I talked to Stewart today and pickup is estimated to be 28 Feb with delivery around 7 Mar. You and I are on the same truck. Hope that helps.

Jeff