Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone Recognize This Gen 3 Coupe? SEMA and BJ Coupe For Sale in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Recognize This Gen 3 Coupe? SEMA and BJ Coupe For Sale in Michigan

Saw a couple new Coupes for sale at Vanguard Motor Sales which is local for us here in SE Michigan. Across town, but have been there several times myself. One of them looked very familiar. Then realized it was the Gen 3 Coupe built at SEMA and recently sold at Barrett-Jackson. I'm now finding out it was Vanguard who won the auction. Lots of close-up views in the video and pictures. Plus some interesting comments. Their videos usually have driving scenes, but didn't this time. The asking price will get your attention.

https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/i...e-factory-five
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's just trying to clear a cool $48,000 on it.
    If in doubt......flat out-Colin McRae

Coupe #485

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, yeah, I recognize it...

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Well jeez Jeff, don't leave us in suspense. Are you the crew cut or curly haired guy?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what happened to the bottom of the radiator? Looks like maybe a tie down or something was in the wrong place and bent the lower edge.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Their videos usually have driving scenes, but didn't this time.
    I wonder if it's still untitled/unregistered?

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Well jeez Jeff, don't leave us in suspense. Are you the crew cut or curly haired guy?
    I thought most everyone here knew my mug already! Here's the Coupe build crew along with Powernation's Katie Osborne and Jesper from FFR. L-R Jesper, Ron Everitt ("FFinisher" here and "RE63" on the other forum), Katie, me, Henry Renaud ("65 Cobra Dude")

Cheers,
    Jeff

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Paul,
    Thanks for posting this video.

Jeff, Ron & The F-5 Gang,
    Thanks for building this sucker at SEMA.

Future Project?
    I'll be 56 at the end of this month so I'm really thinking about my next build (Age 60) since my MK-4 is finally wrapping up.
    Son should be done with his Masters by them and 2nd daughter will have been walked down the isle too.
    Can You Say 3-Link, Dark Side, 6-Speed Daytona?
    https://youtu.be/00w1HGqyxTM
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-07-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this Paul! If he gets his asking price, I know where they can get another one! Great time building the car with some awesome people!

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    ...If he gets his asking price, I know where they can get another one!...
    Actually Henry, I know where he can get two---one in Port Charlotte Florida and another right here in Bloomington Indiana!

Jeff

11. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very nice coupe especially the paint combo, very good choice there. Not a big fan of the coyote even though I know everyone says they are a great engine, I just like the look of piston engines in replicas.they just look and sound right in a car that is made to look like a 60’s car. Price is a bit staggering...yikes.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    A very nice coupe especially the paint combo, very good choice there. Not a big fan of the coyote even though I know everyone says they are a great engine, I just like the look of piston engines in replicas.they just look and sound right in a car that is made to look like a 60’s car. Price is a bit staggering...yikes.
    The smartass in me wants to point out that the Coyote is also a piston engine, but I know what you're getting at.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hah, you right! I slaughter the English language all the time and wife thinks it’s hilarious. Meant to write pushrod engine .
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The detail pics are nice to see. The seat mount bolts seem to be much farther rear than I would expect. I wonder if they installed sliders and a mounting plate. I like the air intake tube. That price is huge. I guess they are counting on some provenance.
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    This car was titled in Massachusetts but was not registered

There are no seat tracks. Bolts are through the kirkey low backs into the floor-

I too wonder about the radiator - it wasn’t like that when it crossed the blockkkk
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Actually Henry, I know where he can get two---one in Port Charlotte Florida and another right here in Bloomington Indiana!

Jeff
    Do you have any info or contact details of the Coupe you mention in Port Charlotte?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britbuilder View Post
    Do you have any info or contact details of the Coupe you mention in Port Charlotte?
    Yes! Contact Henry "65 Cobra Dude" who commented earlier in this topic!

Here's a direct link to send him a Private Message:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/priv...?do=newpm&u=20

Jeff

19. Thanks Britbuilder thanked for this post