Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for opinion of GTM used value

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for opinion of GTM used value

So, I'm thinking about selling my GTM, #32 and I'm fishing for opinions on what I might get out of it.
    I started the build but had Shane at V-Raptor finish it. Needless to say, he does wonderful work.
    Basics
    10,000 on the clock
    stock LS1
    G50 transaxle
    stock interior.
    Kooks exhaust
    dual cold air intake
    Parts from Shane: louvers all around, fender vents, side scoops, wing
    I was thinking 40 something. Thoughts Please?
    Thanks
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a GTM a couple of months ago, it has a new crate engine and new Mendeola transaxle, no donor parts, so I paid quite a bit more than the 40 something. If I was you I would advertise it in the low 50's to mid 50's probably $54,995 and see where that takes me. Not having seen the car it is very hard to judge value. Remember that you can always lower the price, but you can never raise it... A lot will depend on the paint job and how the car looks. Clean the car, polish the paint (maybe even have a professional do it) and take care of ANY issue before buyers show up. I would say, without having seen the car that is has to be worth at least $45K. A kit with a few options and delivery will be close to $30K and even with all donor parts you can not build this thing in today's market, even if you do everything yourself, for under $40K. Honestly I can't see you doing it anymore for much less than $45K, even if you did all the body work and paint. Some people will say that they can build one with donor parts for under $40K, but I doubt it can be done now (10 years ago yes), there are so many small and not so small items that add up quickly, that I can not see it built, in real world numbers for under $45K (radio, tires, all materials and chemical associated with painting the car, starter, ton of new hoses, brake pads etc...). So if the car runs perfect, looks good and everything works it should fetch at least $45K, $50K seems reasonable.

Check eBay and the prices there, I know there is a donor gen 1 with an LS6 is going for $59,995 https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-FACTOR...2:pf:0&vxp=mtr .

A real nice Gen 2 sold for a something less than $70K, I would bet probably $65K on a best offer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Replic...p2047675.l2557.

BTW do list your Car on eBay, everyone will see it there...
    Last edited by 72442conv; 02-08-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. Mine is the green and black one page 2 of the finished cars sticky thread. I think I'll try Ebay and start it around 48.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold mine last summer (#327, LS3, G50-20, pneumatic front suspension lift, Kooks, traction control, some custom body pieces, etc) for $65K. Timing is everything. I'd listed mine 2 years earlier for a bit more with no bites. Last May I listed for $65K and had three full price offers in under 8 hours. Sold to the first person that wired me a significant deposit.

As one person said, you can decrease the asking price, but can never increase it! If you don't need to sell immediately, I'd price higher and give some room to negotiate.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

-Michael
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOLD JUNE 2018 - GTM #327, LS3, G50/20, Kooks, AC, Ron's Tanks, Crash's 4-port HCV, Shane's Bolts & Plenum & etc., plus a lot of other stuff. Finished November 2013.

Not-up-to-date Build Site: http://rumrunnergtm.weebly.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Economy quite a bit better than 2 years ago, I'd say now is a better time to sell than buy.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car