Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Missing ECU lid?

Post Thanks / Like

Missing ECU lid?

Ipassgass was missing his, apparently from a pallet o parts. It's the part that fits around the plugs. Looks like this is a very difficult part to find without buying the entire ECU, so I took a crack at it. Redfogo encouraged me to pull the trigger on a 3d printer, and I needed another learnin' project anyway.....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3415856

I didn't print the side clips because the nature of 3d printing means either super-weak in that direction (I broke several), or print separately then glue it together. Either way, they are probably unnecessary. I added a couple extra tabs to make up for it. Not like the stock one is water-tight anyway, but this will help keep out some dust and dirt.

So if you're missing one, get this and find somebody with a printer. I think it's about $0.20 worth of plastic.

ecu lid 2.JPG
    ecu lid 1.jpg

2. Likes aquillen, AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still amazed at the ability of these 3D printers, to be able to do such a thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the future of parts making. I envision a plant full of various sizes, adaptable to an extremely wide range of products. Additive part making vs removal parts making. When they can finally fuse metal to be as good as smelted metal, it will completely obsolete conventional machining, something I've been involved with my entire career. Personally, I'm ready to move forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a video of a 3d additive welder recently. Might be ok for really rough stuff, but to start with something like that and then conventionally machine it to final dimensions....