Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Holley Sniper Help

Post Thanks / Like

Holley Sniper Help

So I wired it as shown in the set up guide with the yellow wire to the negative side of the coil. It is controlling the fuel pump fine. The engine cranks but on the initial start page I don't get any RPM. It remains at "stall". I set it up again following the steps, but no change. I have good continuity from the negative coil terminal to the plug for the EFI. Any ideas? Thanks.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Has the engine run previously before installing the Sniper? If not, then you should look at the distributor timing. Positive side of the coil has 12V?
    Standard distributor and coil, no CD or HyperSpark ignition system?

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

The engine was run on a dyno and then shipped to me. Standard distributor and coil. It is a 351W/427 with Holley Sniper EFI.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked at page 22 of the install manual - shows how the distributor should be connected along with the Sniper...
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Your talking Chassis Wiring manual, page 22? I think I neglected to connect the orange wire to the + terminal on the coil. Let me try that and I'll try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gkp200 View Post
    Steve,

Your talking Chassis Wiring manual, page 22? I think I neglected to connect the orange wire to the + terminal on the coil. Let me try that and I'll try again.
    No sorry, I was refering to the Sniper install manual. Pg 22 shows how to connect up ignition with standard dizzy and coil. You also need to have connected all the correct power wires to the Sniper of course which is on pg 16 of the Sniper install manual...
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104

Post Thanks / Like
    OK connecting the orange coil/efi wire to the + side of the coil worked. The car runs.... WOW that is a relief.

What do I do with the EFI Crank Power wire?

Steve - thank you for pointing me to the problem.

8. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The EFI Crank wire is not needed. It supplies +12V only when the key is in START, so not particularly useful to repurpose. I either capped mine, or removed it entirely (can't recall off the top of my head which).

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

10. Thanks gkp200 thanked for this post