Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: New from Canada

Post Thanks / Like

New from Canada

Good morning all,
    I am new to the site and have found the info incredibly helpful in planning out my upcoming build. I am still in the planning stages as I need to get my garage ready to have room to start a build. I look forward to picking your brains for help and info in the future. The paperwork alone on trying to get a kit to Ontario is enough to turn some people off the process but after reading up on it in the Canadian thread it doesn't sound so daunting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. What are you building and what engine are you putting in. Can't imagine a guy from Oshawa would be supporting a LS build these days. The paper work is relatively easy to get the parts across the border. Just time consuming. The guys at FFR are very helpful, and Ryan Valin - Valin Custom Cars out of Sudbury (Canadian distributor) would be another good source.
    MkIV #7854, Kit picked up September 2012, Coyote/BOSS 302 intake tuned at 488HP, TKO600, Center Force, Moser 8.8, driveshaft safety hoop, Stainless Header 4x1x4 headers, Gas-N-sidepipes, rad shroud, Wilwoods, NO PS/PB, heater/defroster, heated seats, wipers, Herb door panels, Dynamat Extreme sound/heat dampening, premium Rodtop top, Fast Freddie lexan wind screen, Nitto 555R, drop trunk battery, drop trunk storage,

3. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy fellow Canuck. Welcome to the family.
    The Transport Canada approval and the import process is pretty easy. Ryan will set up with the parts you need to have to complete the "Canadian version" of whatever it is you plan on building. Speaking of which, what will it be?

5. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! - I've been through the process as well, if you have any questions just let me know.
    Cheers
    J
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

7. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Howard View Post
    Welcome. What are you building and what engine are you putting in. Can't imagine a guy from Oshawa would be supporting a LS build these days. The paper work is relatively easy to get the parts across the border. Just time consuming. The guys at FFR are very helpful, and Ryan Valin - Valin Custom Cars out of Sudbury (Canadian distributor) would be another good source.
    I'm looking to build a roadster. Hoping to go with a new crate coyote motor, but after going through some of the builds I am reconsidering that. I will definitely be getting in touch with Ryan Valin for the completion kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to all the fun .Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Ottawa and also the planning stage! Welcome to the group! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Drezx6r, I’m in the Whitby area and also planning a future build.

Quote Originally Posted by Drezx6r View Post
    Good morning all,
    I am new to the site and have found the info incredibly helpful in planning out my upcoming build. I am still in the planning stages as I need to get my garage ready to have room to start a build. I look forward to picking your brains for help and info in the future. The paperwork alone on trying to get a kit to Ontario is enough to turn some people off the process but after reading up on it in the Canadian thread it doesn't sound so daunting.
    If you ever need a hand with any part of the build just give me a shout. I’d love to help out. I have experience building my own race car FFord 1600 from new chassis up. Ex tech lots of electrical knowledge. A real good thread I have followed for a roadster build is “ Papa” build. Fantastic build quality well worth looking at.
    Cheers
    Skid.