FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Safety Mod’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Automatic day time running lights are required in Canada. You can buy the DRL module to turn on your headlights automatically each time the car is started (or wire in a relay). https://www.amazon.com/Mobilistics-D.../dp/B01IFWNSFI

Post Thanks / Like
    I always keep the passenger belt/harness buckled. If an accident should happen, I don’t want the buckles flying around the cockpit.
    Arch

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to admit that I am absolutely STUNNED that no one has talked about DRIVER MODS!!! GO TO DRIVING SCHOOL WITH YOUR CAR!!! Get as many non-street miles as you can! Learn how to drive it!! Learn how it feels to go sideways. The last place you want to find out how quickly it’ll swap ends is onthe street around other cars.

IMHO, these cars can be quite dangerous and, if you don’t know how to react when the turn on you, you maybe should be in something more predictable (and over-engineered) like a Corvette, Mustang, M3, or STI.
    George T

Type 65 Coupe #338, Picked Up 4-Aug-07, Roller on 8-Mar-09, 1st start 8-Sep-13, 1st Autocross 7-Oct-18, finished sanding & sprayed paint myself 6-Nov-21, IRS/LCA/Koni/traditional gages/Kirkey/pin-drive rear width/15" Torq-Thrust Ds/44IDFs/Brodix ST5.0R heads/Eagle internal-balance crankshaft/oil pan by Armando/home-made turkey pan/S-10 mid-shift T5

Post Thanks / Like
    The driveshaft safety loop and seat belt usage are mandatory.

I will never forget what my father told me the first time I buckled up as the 16 year old driver in the car, we were on our way to my first driver's permit class.

"Son there are always two accidents for every accident. The first is the car hitting an object and the second is you hitting the car."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123