BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: carbon fender install question

Post Thanks / Like

carbon fender install question

just got my carbon fiber fender kit (Wow - they are gorgeous); no instructions but install looks to be straight forward; wondering if there any "unknown unknowns" I should watch out for, any issues pulling spindles apart to fit the long mounting bolts? Any secrets I need to know about drilling mounting holes in the carbon fiber?

I was running full fenders and side panels but found that I had to take them off every time I wanted to work on anything - set the timing, adjust the shocks, repair the steering rack, pull the motor to add a hydraulic TO bearing. As a first time builder I had to come back several times to get some things dialed in - wish I had gone to the build school - would have paid for itself in both time and money

Post Thanks / Like
    Bike fenders for the truck are the same as for the hot rod I believe. https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...KE-FENDERS.pdf

Depending on the backspace and wheel/tire width you may have to play around with spacers on the fender mount to get them centered over the tire.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, exactly what I was looking for