Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818C in VA / MD / DC DMV Area

Post Thanks / Like

818C in VA / MD / DC DMV Area

Hello all,

I'm obviously interested in the 818 and was wondering if there was anyone in the DMV area who would be willing to show me their car? I'm a longtime hobbyist and am getting over my Datsun addiction (lets be real, I'll never really be over it) and have been debating which direction to go now. The 818 is high up on my list, but I'd like to see one firsthand before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance!

-Nick

ewi0uoz6wqd11.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Z. Check out the registration/Emissions post, just a quick look I saw a few in your area. I shouldn’t take long for someone to reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    818C here. Currently reassembling it after switching out the fuel tank, so the inner rear firewall isn't installed, nor are the seats. Getting close to re-firing the engine.

In a few mode weeks it should be fully reassembled. Let me know if you'd like to see it, I'm a bit north of DC, Montgomery county MD.
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mitch. It's a lot of fun. Very... analog. As far as that emissions thread, I read it before and noticed one in Leesburg and one in NoVa, but didn't want to thread hijack. I'll PM them.

Mike, thanks for the offer. I'd definitely like to come take a look whenever you've got some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nick

What track is that picture taken at? Looks like you were having fun.

Hey I have two cars in the Richmond VA area. Both cars are 818s but one is built more for the track and the other is not quiet finished but is driveable and titled in Va. The second one is for sale and could be converted to a coupe no problem.
    I have all kinds of pictures and work on the cars every weekend if you want to come by.

If you want to pm your email or how to find you on Facebook I can answer questions and get pictures to you.
    I will also be at Dominion Speedway in April which is just south of Fredricksburg VA (weather permitting of course) running my car if you want to see one at the track.

Anyway hit me up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taco,

That was at Summit Point Shenandoah circuit. I also did Dominion a couple of times a while ago, but not positive I'll be back unless they change some of the layout. The way they had their walls and runoffs set up gave me the heebie jeebies. I haven't had a real off in 10 years or so but would hate for that track to be the site of the next one.

PM Sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick

If you want to see an 818C at the opposite stage to Mike, i.e., just getting started, then you are very welcome to visit me. I am about 20 min from Mike.

Cheers

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    have completed 818s Mt airy ,Md 301 672 2791 Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nick, just say this thread. Feel free to PM me and come by sometime. My 818 is almost complete but I have a few details left to finish.