Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2019 open house

Post Thanks / Like

2019 open house

All,

I looked at the FFR event calendar and it does not show an open house for 2019.
    I know they skipped it for 2018 but was hoping to attend this year.
    Anybody hear anything about it?

Thanks,

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year Dave said it would be this year, I do hope they don't disappoint again this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought my MKIV advertised at the 2017 open house. Enjoyed the 2018 cruise trip from FFR to Newport Car Museum. Hope there is a 2019 Open House to finally drive into and enjoy.
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave ? Anyone ?

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Short answer is like HB.. We cannot afford the time to do this event this year... BUT

If I was able to tell you guys what I (we) are working on you would understand 1000%. I have been thinking very hard about our 25th anniversary, which is 2020 (next year). I decided to pare down the show/event schedule and it has been a really tough call. Ive gotten some hate mail and I understand the let down as I personally enjoy HB and the Open House almost more than anyone. But I KNOW that if we execute on our plan, our 25th year anniversary will be spectacular and we need every single day this year to hit those goals. My promise (already part of the plan) is to put on some really big parties in 2020, including making the HB cruise-in a 2 day event, the Open House a full weekend event with the cruise to the car museum on Sunday and an awards dinner Saturday night. We have 5 tactical projects that we are committed to and 4 of them MUST happen by Open House next year. Time flies and Ive done the math on these projects and with the team and resources I have available and our estimated cash flow we can pull this off but it will come at a cost and one of those costs is the June Open House this year. It might not sound like a lot, but the Open House event takes tremendous planning and safety and execution.

So I guess I'm begging for your understanding or at least patience because I know when I pull the wraps off our projects this year at SEMA, and next year at HB and Open House... It will be the result of our best work and longest hours.

So what are the four projects? One is the construction of a new 12,000 sq ft building next door. In that project is also wrapped some digital robotics for shaping of all future mold designs (as we did with the GTF concept) based on what we learned in the last year. I want to enjoy our 25th anniversary and I want everyone who sees what we've accomplished to see how far we've come from 1995. The goal of having that new building up and running by Jan 1 is reasonable, but a stretch. For sure by Open House for tours and to show off a design process that will dramatically shorten time to market of improvements to existing shapes as well as all new designs fully integrated from CAD chassis/suspension all the way to body exterior shaping, interior, trim etc... and that's only one of five.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation Dave!
    Too bad but understandable. Sounds like there are a lot of really cool things going on at FFR.
    Guess that gives me one more year of execution time! (god I hope not)

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Understand I guess, but still a bit disappointed

Post Thanks / Like
    All this means is that I won't need the Open House as an excuse to visit this summer

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean I have to postpone my summer visit with Sally this year and put it off to next year? Come on Dave, some schedule changes for us seniors just might be to hard for us to accommodate! I know business is business, but I am talking IMPORTANT STUFF here!! Garry Bopp and I plan our summer travels way in advance and you are causing a major hiccup in our planning!!! But since you are a nice person... and run a very nice company.... never mind. Garry and I will put up with whatever you decide, just make sure Sally is around when we arrive......nothing personal.
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, thanks for your response. How exciting is that plan! FFR has grown in 25 years to an outstanding organization. With growth, your agenda/schedule is different now, showcasing your product across the country. The market is hungry for new, innovative and competitive cars. You have the talent and resources to execute the plan you mentioned, with an aggressive timeline! Looking forward to 2020 with your unveiling of new space, equipment and rides.
    Maybe we’ll see the 25 year MK V roadster! Bill
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave,

Factory Five Racing is experiencing the results of a Big Gamble that you took back in 2010.
    Do you remember what you said way back then?
    Do you remember what you did?

https://youtu.be/6ckgfkPU8Ss

Jobs and wealth are being created because you took a big risk.
    Dreams are being realized, one new kit and one new customer at a time.
    We, the customers of Factory Five, need to suck it up because 2020 will be better than ever.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-21-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    Short answer is like HB.. We cannot afford the time to do this event this year... BUT

If I was able to tell you guys what I (we) are working on you would understand 1000%. I have been thinking very hard about our 25th anniversary, which is 2020 (next year). I decided to pare down the show/event schedule and it has been a really tough call. Ive gotten some hate mail and I understand the let down as I personally enjoy HB and the Open House almost more than anyone. But I KNOW that if we execute on our plan, our 25th year anniversary will be spectacular and we need every single day this year to hit those goals. My promise (already part of the plan) is to put on some really big parties in 2020, including making the HB cruise-in a 2 day event, the Open House a full weekend event with the cruise to the car museum on Sunday and an awards dinner Saturday night. We have 5 tactical projects that we are committed to and 4 of them MUST happen by Open House next year. Time flies and Ive done the math on these projects and with the team and resources I have available and our estimated cash flow we can pull this off but it will come at a cost and one of those costs is the June Open House this year. It might not sound like a lot, but the Open House event takes tremendous planning and safety and execution.

So I guess I'm begging for your understanding or at least patience because I know when I pull the wraps off our projects this year at SEMA, and next year at HB and Open House... It will be the result of our best work and longest hours.

So what are the four projects? One is the construction of a new 12,000 sq ft building next door. In that project is also wrapped some digital robotics for shaping of all future mold designs (as we did with the GTF concept) based on what we learned in the last year. I want to enjoy our 25th anniversary and I want everyone who sees what we've accomplished to see how far we've come from 1995. The goal of having that new building up and running by Jan 1 is reasonable, but a stretch. For sure by Open House for tours and to show off a design process that will dramatically shorten time to market of improvements to existing shapes as well as all new designs fully integrated from CAD chassis/suspension all the way to body exterior shaping, interior, trim etc... and that's only one of five.
    Does anyone know if Dave ever sleeps??

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"