Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  74

Thread: Les’ Nor Cal Wine Country 33 build #1121

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the same thing. Smooth but stiffens up at points. I moved stuff around and it did not make any difference. I'm figuring that once I get tires on it, the weight of the car, andthe electric steering operational that I either will not notice it or it will be minor enough to get on with life. Not sure what I could do to change anything. Maybe space the power steering off the mount and closer to the rack? Maybe I'll give that a try...
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peterh226 View Post
    I found the same thing. Smooth but stiffens up at points. I moved stuff around and it did not make any difference. I'm figuring that once I get tires on it, the weight of the car, andthe electric steering operational that I either will not notice it or it will be minor enough to get on with life. Not sure what I could do to change anything. Maybe space the power steering off the mount and closer to the rack? Maybe I'll give that a try...
    That’s what I thought, so I did try using spacers and different angles spacing it off the mount. But what I found, is it had to be at too great of an angle off of the mount, and then the front u joint hit the lower bar in front of the electric assist unit, also increasing those u joint angles.
    For me, it appears the entire mount would need to be cut and moved up at a different angle.
    Thanks
    Gen 2 chassis #1121 delivered 2-10-19. SBC 400 with FI Tech dual quad, 700R4 trans and IRS.