Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  74
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Les’ Nor Cal Wine Country 33 build #1121

Post Thanks / Like

Les’ Nor Cal Wine Country 33 build #1121

Well thought I would take a minute and start my build thread. I went to Build school exactly one year ago. I was originally going to do a steel body kit and was waiting for one, but as everyone knows now those are not going to happen anytime soon if at all. So I was tired of waiting and changed my order.
    My kit was delivered on Sunday 2-10-19. I had plenty of help and we finished the inventory that night. Only missing a few items. My POL was longer than I expected though. I have a Gen 2 chassis and body.
    I am doing the following:
    Small block Chevy 400.
    FI tech dual quad fuel system
    700R4 from TCI
    IRS with 3:55
    Wilwood brakes.
    No fenders and no roof.
    As you can seeI’m not reinventing anything you guys haven’t already done. I think I have read nearly every thread on the forum and learned a lot. Now if I can just remember what I read. �� I’m still bad at searching for info on the forum. I guess I’m keyboard challenged. So Being retired I plan on finishing with in 364 days, we’ll thats the plan anyway, we’ll see how it goes.
    95B8318F-152E-43B0-B9AD-226BD707313C.jpeg
    Last edited by Mrallsport32; 02-20-2019 at 09:35 PM.

2. Likes AJT '33 liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have fun with your build. I thought I'd be ready for paint in six months or so but scope creep kept adding to the time and $$. My wife always tells me that whatever I think it should take and however much I think it should cost -- double it. She's usually right. Took the better part of two-years working 6-8 hrs 7-days a week until it was ready for paint and then the painter's three-week prediction of completion turned into four-months.

So don't get in a hurry and savor the enjoyable parts of the build; don't let the problem areas get you down they are just challenges and opportunities to overcome; and most of all have fun.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

4. Likes Mrallsport32, Mitch Wright liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and the delivery.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Just dig in and follow your nose. When you hit a brick wall or something doesn't make sense look up all the variable ways the problem was solved, hold your breath and try one of them. At the end of the day, it will be yours.

7. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the delivery. My suggestion is to take a ton of pictures along the way and post them here in your build thread. I have done that in mine and people would point out things I was about to come up on. I am also planning on taking the photos and putting them in a book when I am done. It's makes for a nice history for the car later on.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

9. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and get wrenching. As the others have said post pics and ask questions, you'll be amazed at all the help you'll receive.
    Next week will make one year since my 33 was delivered, thought (hoped) it would be done by now.
    The body is on along with the pass door.
    I hope to update my build thread next week.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

11. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and welcome to the madness. You will find things get in the way as you make this journey. Just be patient and stay the coarse. It is an amazing experience.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

13. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Day two

Ok so here are the pictures as the car arrived. FFD47655-26FE-438E-A00D-97C70131F759.jpeg6DDAAF38-1FE1-45D0-A3A8-9D79066AD3EF.jpgA93F815A-5A5E-41EF-A5BD-4BA4D4389685.jpg
    The firewall was in a box also I did not receive the foot box parts to the firewall, they are on the POL. But we got plenty to work with. I’m going to powder coat my firewall after I get all the pieces and have had them fitted to the body. I actually think I’m going to be powder coating most of the aluminum.

FB168813-FD2E-4E09-92E0-6AFC6F34EFA9.jpeg2AE11F14-55E0-4AB0-9B23-AFA0720F2D08.jpg
    Since I never had a gen 1 I don’t know all the differences, besides the ones mentioned by F 5, but it looks good to me.

15. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exciting! Envious of the amount of room you have in your garage!
    One of the differences I notice right off the bat with your gen 2, the front lower sides of the engine cover (not sure how else to describe it) are separate pieces and not extensions of the main body. That and the multiple holes for the suspension mounting....
    Have fun with inventory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrallsport32 View Post
    Ok so here are the pictures as the car arrived. FFD47655-26FE-438E-A00D-97C70131F759.jpeg6DDAAF38-1FE1-45D0-A3A8-9D79066AD3EF.jpgA93F815A-5A5E-41EF-A5BD-4BA4D4389685.jpg
    The firewall was in a box also I did not receive the foot box parts to the firewall, they are on the POL. But we got plenty to work with. I’m going to powder coat my firewall after I get all the pieces and have had them fitted to the body. I actually think I’m going to be powder coating most of the aluminum.

FB168813-FD2E-4E09-92E0-6AFC6F34EFA9.jpeg2AE11F14-55E0-4AB0-9B23-AFA0720F2D08.jpg
    Since I never had a gen 1 I don’t know all the differences, besides the ones mentioned by F 5, but it looks good to me.
    One of the things that iI would suggest for your build is that before you're into getting all the drivetrain suspension and all that "fun" stuff underway, I would highly suggest that you go ahead and fit in the firewall, get the body installed to the frame then get right onto getting the doors, hood and trunk installed. What I have found is that with those core items fitted (no body work or fairing yet) you can better align the whole car, body to frame to doors etc... Whenever I do my next one (most likely the truck for my wife) I will be doing that, because once that is done and the body, doors, hood, trunk are all lined up, the rest is easier. I have had to install, remove and re-install the body so many times because of fit and clearances that I did not know or consider, its not funny, it's all good, but hindsight is 20/20 and it could have been a lot easier. Basically understanding how the body sits will allow you to make better decisions on brake line, fuel lines, wiring and hose routing. Again, just a suggestion.

Regardless you will have fun during your build I am sure!!!

18. Thanks Mrallsport32 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the engine choice, the small block 400 is a great powerplant, IMO the best old school small block they made.
    One thing to add to AJT's advice on the body. Level the chassis first, side to side then before you fit the firewall level the top of the cowl
    so the body is as close to level as possible. Find the rough center of the cowl and mark 2' each side of that, then use a 4' level with blocks
    under each end to clear the rounded shape there. Clamp the DS of the body down tight to the chassis and raise the pass side of the body
    about 3/16" for a starting point. When the body is level then notch the firewall around the chassis tubes and the little offset on the passenger
    side to bring the firewall up to meet the body flange. If you don't level the cowl first you will have one of the hundreds of 33's that look wonky
    from the front when it's all done. Go through all the front view pics you can find of the finished 33's and you will see plenty of them where the
    body/cowl leans one way and the grille leans the other making an unbalanced look that is hard at first glance to find what's wrong.
    Enjoy the build
    Dale

20. Thanks Mrallsport32 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back from powder coater.

So I got the chassis back from the being powder coated. The color is called bengal silver, it came out great, I took it to them on Tuesday they gave it back to me on Thursday. 1E3C7C68-A450-4A60-A66D-9E9482AE6728.jpegDF1A00D5-62E2-43AA-BC18-B758FB6C82A4.jpeg 7BA3CB90-1E61-4BA9-9CE1-8F1EE6632073.jpeg

22. Likes wrp, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspension

I went to head and put on the front and rear suspension. The front suspension went on with no problem except my lower control arms are still on the POL.
    The IRS fought me a little bit, the center section front mounts were off only about an 3/16 of an inch but enough to cause a little frustration and then I smiled 🤣 and I got it in ha ha. (We’ll call it a smile for now).
    3BEB7A65-0141-4455-A9AB-6B017FFB8660.jpeg
    I also put the rack in, but I don’t have any of the other steering components they are on the POL also.
    5C82582E-6364-4881-AF14-B0BC7F9D0059.jpeg

B12FBE23-790D-437D-8E17-71568EA4AFEB.jpeg
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]102590[/ATTACH

So tomorrow when my son gets here we’re going to laser level the chassis again and fit the firewall and body. Then we’ll take the body back off. I don’t have any of the hardware to mount the doors or trunk because they are all on the POL.
    After I get the firewall fitted and I receive my lower control arms I’m going to send them out to powder coat. I think I’m going to send most of my aluminum that is exposed to the powder coater also.

One thing I have noticed from looking at pictures on the forum of Gen one chassis, is there appears to be Quite a bit of a differences to the GEN two chassis.
    On a sidenote and like all new owners I’m sure, I have talked with Factory Five a couple of times by phone and everybody I’ve talked too have been extremely courteous and helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great, good frame colour! The IRS center section was fun trying to get the holes lined up wasn't it! To be honest, mechanically that's been the most difficult thing so far for me - oh, and drilling out the holes in the center section with a hand drill...

25. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Body and firewall fit.

Ok I have a Gen 2 chassis and body. So today with help from my son, or maybe I helped my son I’m not sure which, we fit the firewall and body to the chassis. So how did we get there?, we just set the body on the chassis, all done, ha ha, not quite, but almost. I have to say from all the posts that I have read and all the pictures that I’ve seen the Gen 2 body is very different from the Gen 1.
    E3C86D07-1252-400F-86F0-73CEEF6F8CB3.jpeg
    We used a laser level to level the chassis. We then clamped the firewall on and used a laser level to level that. They were both that dead even plumb. We placed the body on the chassis the first time and it was actually very close. We then had to trim both sides of the body on the lower firewall area where the firewall fits against the body. The body was hitting the two bars that run down the right and left side of the foot boxes to the lower frame rail. The body also hit the lower frame rail holding it out away from the sides of the firewall. We trimmed those areas so the body could sit flush with the firewall. We again used a few different levels and measuring points along with the laser level. I used a jack to support the rear of the body under the trunk, I had to raise The right rear corner about a quarter of an inch and it appears at that point the body is level and I got the 45.5 perfectly. The body fit the firewall very nice with no modifications needed to the firewall.
    1C39EA41-2111-49E3-A585-2B3F3A27BFCD.jpeg.
    I didn’t have to do the famous notch to take the “wonky out of it”. Also the body is level with the lower frame rail at the front and both sides. So for the first fit we’re calling it good.
    Tomorrow I’m going to finish pre-drilling all the holes and and threading the holes as I am using 1/4 20 Button heads to secure The firewall. I’m also sending the firewall out with some other parts to the powder coater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I ask you what it cost to have the frame powder coated? Did you have to prep the surface or did the powder coated take it as is? Looks great, btw.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    DE0E30A2-BA30-4DB9-8363-3BF160C1CEA9.jpeg
    ACEDEF65-42B5-4D15-BDE8-81D09BD7C216.jpg
    Regarding the powder coating. I took the chassis, all the irs parts, upper control arms, and other bare metal parts to Vaider coatings in Rohnert Park Ca. On Tuesday. They prepared it with some type of media blast and then sprayed it on Wednesday. I got got it back on Thursday. Total cost $750. Dollars. I think it came out pretty good.
    Last edited by Mrallsport32; 02-26-2019 at 01:51 PM.

29. Thanks Straversi thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod, shmelty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great and that is a great price on the powder coating.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm shocked at that price for powder coating! It's 1/2 to 1/3 of what I've been quoted down here in SoCal. I wonder why that is?
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Well truthfully, I was a bit shocked also, But it came out great. They have a fairly large business with multiple booths to spray in and they have been in that location for over 25 years. So they must be doing something right.

Post Thanks / Like

Grill is straight.

2E6E6352-0017-4628-80CD-3774830350B5.jpeg
    So we were messing around with the laser level and found that after we measured everything to make sure it all stayed straight, we saw that the grill was perfect.

34. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ok I have a Gen 2 chassis and body. So today with help from my son, or maybe I helped my son I’m not sure which, we fit the firewall and body to the chassis. So how did we get there?, we just set the body on the chassis, all done, ha ha, not quite, but almost. I have to say from all the posts that I have read and all the pictures that I’ve seen the Gen 2 body is very different from the Gen 1 ... We used a laser level to level the chassis. We then clamped the firewall on and used a laser level to level that. They were both that dead even plumb. We placed the body on the chassis the first time and it was actually very close. We then had to trim both sides of the body on the lower firewall area where the firewall fits against the body. The body was hitting the two bars that run down the right and left side of the foot boxes to the lower frame rail. The body also hit the lower frame rail holding it out away from the sides of the firewall. We trimmed those areas so the body could sit flush with the firewall. We again used a few different levels and measuring points along with the laser level. I used a jack to support the rear of the body under the trunk, I had to raise The right rear corner about a quarter of an inch and it appears at that point the body is level and I got the 45.5 perfectly. The body fit the firewall very nice with no modifications needed to the firewall. ... I didn’t have to do the famous notch to take the “wonky out of it”. Also the body is level with the lower frame rail at the front and both sides...
    ... So we were messing around with the laser level and found that after we measured everything to make sure it all stayed straight, we saw that the grill was perfect.
    As someone who has been holding out for the steel body, and will probably have to settle for the Gen2 glass body -- this GREAT news to hear! I'll be following your build closely!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I waited two years for the steel body also. I finally gave in and I’m glad I did. As we go through this body and the body parts there really doesn’t appear to be any major amount of adjustments needed, certainly not what I’ve read about with the Gen 1.

37. Likes TxMike64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen 2 body pics

The body has been all fitted and mounted for now. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10355]12D4C843-26FB-4DCB-AB72-0D9131944AC5.jpg1170A6A9-2389-430C-9F2B-636731B1AE2F.jpgE19AF4C4-514D-4FA7-9A9D-E36C306F3B00.jpeg

4B0D5724-AC6E-44A4-9724-3F3FE1D92D36.jpeg9962741C-CE7B-4EB8-8197-FF561EB92891.jpg
    The bottom of the body runs even with the lower frame rails on both sides.

I’m now waiting for door, trunk and hood mounts and other parts that are still on back order. (I had a rather long POL). All the sheet metal has been drilled and waiting to go to powder coater. I have some parts on my back order that I want to take to the powder coater, so I’m still waiting for those to take everything at once.
    1731C6F5-06D7-4DCE-9757-94DAC7B68BAF.jpg
    New brakes always look so cool.
    Still plenty to work on. In the meantime I’ll be in my garage waiting on more parts. 🤣
    On a side note, the couple of times that I’ve had to call F5, they have been extremely helpful and very friendly to talk with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Plugging along. Gen 2

I haven’t posted because not much has changed. Grandkids and a long Cabo vacation kinda stalled the build for awhile, in a good way though always time for family.
    I’m Still waiting on parts from F5. I call every week to check in. I was told due to the redesign of the floor and the door components that They still haven’t got them in production. Maybe someone else with a Gen 2 can let me know if they got them. So I’m waiting on floor pieces, apparently I was sent Gen 1 pieces. The Gen 2 uses foam inserts sandwiched between two aluminum panels. I Still need all the hinges and all of the door components. I have fit everything, just can’t mount them and set all the gaps yet. I was trying to get most of the body work done before putting the engine in.
    I did finally get my lower control arms and the lower parts of the firewall. All powder coated and installed.
    So we’ll just start assembling and see how it goes. I did get all my aluminum back from powder the coater. Yes I powder coated it all to match the chassis. It looks cool 😎.

FCFD6F57-2586-4971-B344-C7CC740FA289.jpeg
    I mounted the firewall for the (I hope) last time with stainless button heads. I really like the look. I Remounted the body for some more fitting of the engine side panels and lower skirts.

I can’t wait to install the engine with the FI tech dual quad fuel set up
    1BB83FCF-2153-4481-8FF7-5BCCB907423D.jpeg

Brakes are all done and look good.
    B64BA603-BB4E-49C8-8163-66928F35076E.jpeg
    I can’t wait to install the engine with the FI tech dual quad fuel set up.

40. Likes FF33rod, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have any trouble getting the foot boxes into place? I just got my kit inventoried and tried to test fit the foot boxes and couldn’t get them in. Maybe there is a secret!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the dual quad setup! I’m going that route with the Holley Sniper setup.

Question: I ordered my frame bare so I can powder coat it in body color or something that will work well with the body color. I’d planned on doing quit a bit of pre-fit then disassembly before getting the coating done. But from seeing what you did I’m considering going to coating right away. Have you had to make any frame mods or tweaks that have damaged your powder?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimpton View Post
    Did you have any trouble getting the foot boxes into place? I just got my kit inventoried and tried to test fit the foot boxes and couldn’t get them in. Maybe there is a secret!?
    Footboxes are a pain on Gen 1 and I'm sure it's the same for Gen 2. I put them in from the passenger compartment, pushing the top into the engine compartment and up. The top edge is angled outward to line up the cutouts in the top end for the frame. Leave it about an inch or 2 off the firewall and then take the bottom part and "persuade" it over the floor frame to put into place. It actually takes quite a bit of persuasion and you're likely to scratch the frame in the process.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I slide them in from the tunnel side from the front, by tipping the top out towards the outside and forward a little. If that makes sense. They went in n out pretty easy for me that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not have to make any mods. But I did spend a day doing some quick test fitting, due to the comments on the forum regarding the Gen 1. So I test fit the Firewall, control arms, rear links for IRS. Everything fit, so I took it to the powder coater.

I was going to be one of those guys that builds it all the way up and then takes it apart for final finish, but not now. The only thing that’s coming off is the body for paint, everything else we put on, is with the intention off it staying on.
    Last edited by Mrallsport32; 04-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank you both for responding. Approaching from the cockpit side changed everything and they went right in. I learned a couple valuable lessons...don’t work on the car when you are too tired and the guys on the forum are willing to help even with the simplest of problems. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an odd assortment of parts on back order as well. I got the Gen 1 floors (Mine is #1134 Gen 2) but the 34804 is on Back Order. Is this the new style floor? I'll be checking in this week so see the status. I'm going to start smoothing out the body to begin to see how all of this fits together. Anyone see differences in the Gen 2 body as far as symmetry goes? Should I expect the same alignment issues as with the Gen 1?
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The Gen2 body is SUPPOSED to be much more symmetric, and is SUPPOSED to have much less body work needed...
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Yep same back order

Quote Originally Posted by peterh226 View Post
    I have an odd assortment of parts on back order as well. I got the Gen 1 floors (Mine is #1134 Gen 2) but the 34804 is on Back Order. Is this the new style floor? I'll be checking in this week so see the status. I'm going to start smoothing out the body to begin to see how all of this fits together. Anyone see differences in the Gen 2 body as far as symmetry goes? Should I expect the same alignment issues as with the Gen 1?
    Yes I had and still have a large backorder list also. Part number 34804 are the foam core inserts that are sandwiched between the upper and lower aluminum on the new style floor for the GEN 2. I’m still waiting on them.
    As far a “symmetry” goes, My body was fit with a laser level to the firewall wall on the frame and really went together quite easily. I did not have to modify the body or the firewall like the Gen 1 to get them to sit level. I have fitted all of the body parts together. The hood was really a piece of cake. The doors and trunk literally took minutes to fit. Now I have not done all of the gaps perfect yet as I am still waiting on parts. I do not have the hood components, the door components or the trunk hinges. They have been revised for the Gen 2 hot rod. I do not want to set all gaps until I have mounted them.
    My plan was to do nearly all of the bodywork first and get it prepped for the paint shop, and then have it at the paint shop while I completed installing the engine and other components. Well best laid plans changed.
    I then decided to lean my grill back as far as possible. In doing so it made my lower side skirts too short and the engine side panels too tall. If I left the grill standing more up-and-down everything would’ve fit very closely without too many modifications.
    I think if I had all of the components from Factory Five to mount everything the major part of my body work would be done. I believe Factory Five was truthful when they stated that there was less bodywork in the Gen 2 hot rod as compared to the Gen 1. At least that’s what it appears to be for me.
    I’m going to check in again this week with Factory Five to get an update, if they still don’t have a timeframe for the components and backordered parts I will most likely take my body off and start on making my car roller without the bodywork completed. It’s just not the way I wanted to do it. Oh well, the build goes on.
    Last edited by Mrallsport32; 04-29-2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

50. Likes TxMike64, AJT '33, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the way to retire

Well thought I would take a minute and start my build thread. I went to Build school exactly one year ago. I was originally going to do a steel body kit and was waiting for one, but as everyone knows now those are not going to happen anytime soon if at all. So I was tired of waiting and changed my order.
    My kit was delivered on Sunday 2-10-19. I had plenty of help and we finished the inventory that night. Only missing a few items. My POL was longer than I expected though. I have a Gen 2 chassis and body.
    I am doing the following:
    Small block Chevy 400.
    FI tech dual quad fuel system
    700R4 from TCI
    IRS with 3:55
    Wilwood brakes.
    No fenders and no roof.
    As you can seeI’m not reinventing anything you guys haven’t already done. I think I have read nearly every thread on the forum and learned a lot. Now if I can just remember what I read. �� I’m still bad at searching for info on the forum. I guess I’m keyboard challenged. So Being retired I plan on finishing with in 364 days, we’ll thats the plan anyway, we’ll see how it goes.
    95B8318F-152E-43B0-B9AD-226BD707313C.jpeg
    have fun !

52. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m working about the same way. Bodywork first and the the rest. F5 hoped to start filling these back orders soon, you folks will get yours before I do.
    The floor had to be cut off site due to the foam core.
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you mounted the front upper control arms to the lower holes on the frame tabs. I assume you will do the lowers the same way. I think the two hole tab is new for Gen 2. I can’t find where (or if) the manual addresses which hole should be used and why. How did you decide to use the lowers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimpton View Post
    I see you mounted the front upper control arms to the lower holes on the frame tabs. I assume you will do the lowers the same way. I think the two hole tab is new for Gen 2. I can’t find where (or if) the manual addresses which hole should be used and why. How did you decide to use the lowers?
    ‘The suspension has two sets of holes. The top set is for the Hot Rod while the bottom set is for the Truck.’
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sethmark View Post
    ‘The suspension has two sets of holes. The top set is for the Hot Rod while the bottom set is for the Truck.’
    I question that because the truck uses a different chassis...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    I question that because the truck uses a different chassis...
    Its right out of the April revision build manual. I have to assume they’re building one bracket set to use on either Frame.
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

58. Likes FF33rod liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast