FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member in Orange County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

New Member in Orange County, CA

Greetings all from Sunny Southern California, well, not today, but usually. I'm looking at Cobra replicas and have located an older Factory Five Mk4. I was able to confirm the Serial Number with the nice folks at Factory Five as first sold to an individual in Florida in 2005, but that was about all the information they could supply. Dan Golub was nice enough to send me an item called "Used Factory Five Buyers Guide" with some suggestions about purchasing a used vehicle.

That said is there anyone out there who might give me an idea of areas of the vehicle to look at that might show the type of wear the prior owners may have put this through. According to the selling company they got the car from "the prior owner in Massachusetts" and they do have a lot of paper work. I'm planning on going to look at the vehicle and paperwork next week sometime.

Thanks for any suggestions or guidance anyone can supply,

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, We are just North of you in the Inland Empire. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know. We are in the process of rebuilding a brand new MK4 for a customer. Long story short; after the purchase price, transportation and the rebuild our customer could have had us build him a new MK4 from scratch. Be careful.
    https://www.facebook.com/IE427-89165...?ref=bookmarks

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Joe, I have access to a very special SB100-registered MKIV for sale if you are interested. Check out the 15th anniversary build thread at the bottom of my signature.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many that can give advice. After building around 215 of these cars I think it's pretty much figured out. Please feel free to ask questions.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Joe,

The car you are looking at is going to be a MKIII, not a MKIV. The MKIV didn't debut until 2010.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. If you are not sure , have some one who know about these cars look at it before you buy. Roger