Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Help spend my money (or not)

Post Thanks / Like

Help spend my money (or not)

Alright Team 818, I've got a job for you.
    I need your help in choosing whether or not to spring for the "new" 818 nose. I've done a bit of research here in the forums and I've seen the pros & cons of new vs. old nose. (Thanks, Bob, for this very helpful post.)

Here's the trouble. Mrs. Fletch really, really likes the shape of the headlights of the old nose. I much prefer the general shape of the new nose. Mrs. Fletch is also pretty frugal ("why spend money on a new nose when you've got a perfectly good one already?!?").

So, help me out here. Post up your prettiest photos of your new nose. Please...

To be fair, I should probably ask those older-nosed folks to drop some of their nice pics as well. But I know you guys will do that anyway!! (and I'd rather not be fair!) Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the looks of the original nose.

nose.jpg nose2.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    3.4 Front.jpgFront.jpgSeptember 15 2018-105 T13 2.jpgfront finished 818.jpg
    I really like the original front end. (because I have it and a complete spare front end) Honestly I think both look great and don't believe you will go wrong either way.

Big help right??? :-)
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 02-21-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five redesigned the front to replace the old design for more than just appearance. The old front is not available for a reason. After I could not align the Camry lights in the old design, I bought the new front. See these threads about the problem with the old design:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ight-alignment

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...adlight-Thread

If you'd like to drive after dark, get the new front.
    Last edited by AZPete; 02-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the pictures, the discussion and the links. Lots to consider here. I will say that the appearance of the old nose design is growing on me, but that the disadvantages are so significant I don't see how I could avoid getting the new nose. I definitely plan to drive the car in the dark.

6. Likes AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decision made. I placed the order for the new nose today. Seems like the best choice given the challenges all of you have been through with the older style. Thanks for the input.

8. Likes Mitch Wright liked this post