Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to FFR hot rod building

Post Thanks / Like

New to FFR hot rod building

So i'm seriously looking into getting the 35 hot rod truck but I want to do my research first, looking at the options list when you first select what you are going to build and what I need to supply, I fully understand that it is up to me to figure out what engine, transmission, and rear end I want to use, but when it comes to a rear end what is the wheel base size so I can find the correct diff that will fit, also I know the grill comes with the kit what about the radiator would it be a custom rad or could you find an off the shelf rad that will fit and look like it was supposed to be there.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Radiator comes with kit. Look over all the threads and posts in the 35 section. I will help you with a lot of questions. Best of luck. If you do go for it we are all here to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Less than a year ago i was where you are. Today i am preparing the wiring and getting ready to ease a 347 into the frame of a 33 hot rod. The 35 truck shares a lot of design elements with the 33. So pretty much all the info you see on the web site for the 33 (like what's included) is applicable to the truck. For an engine, if you stick with a 302W, 351W or coyote based solution it is easy. SBC requires a bit of fiddling with the mounts. Radiator is included with the kit. FFR sells rear ends or you can get the same rebuilt from a wrecker.

Enjoy the ride, figuring out the options and planning the build is part of the fun!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmech54 View Post
    So i'm seriously looking into getting the 35 hot rod truck but I want to do my research first, looking at the options list when you first select what you are going to build and what I need to supply, I fully understand that it is up to me to figure out what engine, transmission, and rear end I want to use, but when it comes to a rear end what is the wheel base size so I can find the correct diff that will fit, also I know the grill comes with the kit what about the radiator would it be a custom rad or could you find an off the shelf rad that will fit and look like it was supposed to be there.
    Welcome!!! Be sure to check out factoryfiveengines.com for our BluePrint Engines offerings! pretty hard to be a 30 month warranty, dyno tested, completely assembled package!
    glad to answer any questions along the way!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263