Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mk IV Roadster Seat Mounting

Post Thanks / Like

Mk IV Roadster Seat Mounting

While drilling and fitting everything to get the seats fitted, helper noticed the outside rear bolt of the seat went inside the 2" square tube under the floor. No problem, just get a nut started on the bolt and tighten. Problem, with the body on, you cannot get to the nut, if you have to remove the seat. I called around seeking a 5/16 rivnut. I found an 8 mm and had some 1/4" on hand. The 1/4" is pretty heavy duty and and has 4 legs that collapse against the surface. I bought some grade 5 1/4" bolts. Just a heads up, if is has not already been addressed.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    One upgrade I highly recommend. solves the mounting issues and places the seat at a more comfortable angle. Also offers some adjustment .

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...classic-seats/
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
    One upgrade I highly recommend. solves the mounting issues and places the seat at a more comfortable angle. Also offers some adjustment .

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...classic-seats/
    Probably a less complicated seat mount than what I did. I failed to mention, I am using the FF large and tail seats with their sliders.
    Now that it is done, everything is fine. I did space the front of my seats up approx 1.25" After all the work, I do have the advantage of no tool sliding of the seats.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.