Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: coyote upper radiator hose-new combo-

Post Thanks / Like

coyote upper radiator hose-new combo-

Hello All,
    I have had several Coyote forum friends tell me to use the Ford KM-5144 (CL3Z-8260-A) F-150 hose for my coyote upper radiator hose.
    I bought one-well, it did not fit at all, no where close-could not even trim it or bend it to get close. When connected to the motor the end of the hose was outside my passenger side frame.

I do have the newer FFR radiator with the angled inlets/outlets.

Here was my solution:
    Use the FFR supplied (coyote kit) hose that goes to the engine: FR33-8B274-BA(KM-5290) and use the FFR complete kit hoseBR33-8286-BA(KM-5136).

I did have to cut them and connect them with an internal 1.5" OD connector. No clamps are on in my photos yet-just checking fitment and clearances.

I have the new power steering pump kit from FFR. The hose clears the pump pulley and the plastic snap on connector clears the belt too.

Has anyone else do this yet? What other Coyote upper hose solutions are out there?

Thanks
    Martin
    IMG_0857.jpgIMG_0858.jpgIMG_0859.jpgIMG_0860.jpgIMG_0861.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Martin,
    I used hose CL3Z8260A and it worked fine. I did flex it a little coming off the engine connection, but not much.

Try rotating the hose so that the first bend off the engine is downward. I have the old style power steering pump.

NOTE: The hose is only about a 1/2 - 3/4" clearance from the pulley.

Upper Rad Hose - 1.jpg Upper Rad Hose - 2.jpg Upper Rad Hose - 3.jpg Upper Rad Hose - 4.jpg Upper Rad Hose - 5.jpg

EDITED: See pic of new hose uninstalled. Doesn't appear to be the same as your hose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 02-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035