Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: S10 transmission mount question

Post Thanks / Like

S10 transmission mount question

OK, so I was not aware that the S10 tail shaft had a different mount spacing than the standard T5, and of course, I ordered the T5 trans mount. I guess the question is, should I reorder an energy suspension #3.1108-G, and deal with the approximately 3/4" difference in height, or make a new bracket to fit the S10 tail shaft, and then drill it to accept the T5 trans mount that I have? Not sure if I would be compromising the strength of the mount if I made a new bracket. If I go with the S10 mount, what would be the best way to make up the 3/4" difference in height? Three 1/4" pieces of plate? If done this way, should the spacers go between the trans mount and the tail shaft, or between the mount and the "A" frame?
    I was also trying to figure how to torque the drive shaft bolts. The FFR instructions say to put the trans in gear, but I'm still rotating the shaft when in gear. Am I missing something?
    OK, I'm on a roll, so if the trans and the third member are not in alignment, IRS car (T-Bird), should I try to pull the trans/engine over to the passenger side to straighten out the alignment back to the third member?

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Forte sells the correct trans mount.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked his site, but couldn't find it there. Is this an item that you just have to call him about?

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine from him about 3 years ago. I don't see it on his website now. Guess you'd need to give him a call to see if he still offers it. I'm sure it was a production piece but I didn't keep the part number or know what it was originally made for.

There are several threads on the other forum talking about this. Here's a link to one of them.

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...t-s10-mod.html
    Last edited by bobl; 02-23-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017