Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Information needed for the 33 Hot Rod in Factory Five documentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Information needed for the 33 Hot Rod in Factory Five documentation.

Can anybody tell me the name of the builder of this 33 used by Factory Five in their documentation?

IMG_0133-1.jpg

I just love this car and I hope that my car can come just close to this one. The Information I am looking for are the wheels and tires. Specifically who makes the rims and tires, what are the sizes. Please provide as much info so I can go out and purchase a set like these. Not just 18" by 8" but with back space, offset etc that is needed to get the proper rims.

Thank you in advance,

Cliff

Post Thanks / Like
    Like this?
    My wheels are American Racing Torq Thrust II, will get the specs later.
    He has Zeon tires, mine are Toyo T1 Sports, fronts are 235/45/ZR17, the rears are 295/35/ZR18.
    The back spacing will depend on what rearend your using. I have the IRS.

The car your asking about belongs to Kevin Shea.
    https://www.factoryfive.com/gallerie...as-33-hot-rod/
    I want to know where he got the third brake light from, I want one.

image.jpeg
    Last edited by JimLev; 02-24-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added more info
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there, thought I would ping in here, I ended up designing and 3D printing my third brake light as I hated what was out there. I ended up using a light from United Pacific Industries https://truck.uapac.com/product/cont?pid=1865 as my third brake light. We will be mounting it as a dim running and bright brake light. The attached pics show what it looks like, it still needs to be smoothed and painted. It will sit flush to my hard top and my back cover when going topless so the wiring runs under the hardtop edge and goes through the body centered on the hard top edge which keeps it completely hidden. I will most likely have the light itself tinted a bit black so it blends better with my all black body.
    20190227_195025.jpg
    20190227_195241.jpg running light intensity
    20190227_195244.jpg braking light intensity
    Its similar to Kevin's but smaller only about 7" wide 1" tall and 2" deep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colsen23153 View Post
    Can anybody tell me the name of the builder of this 33 used by Factory Five in their documentation?

IMG_0133-1.jpg

I just love this car and I hope that my car can come just close to this one. The Information I am looking for are the wheels and tires. Specifically who makes the rims and tires, what are the sizes. Please provide as much info so I can go out and purchase a set like these. Not just 18" by 8" but with back space, offset etc that is needed to get the proper rims.

Thank you in advance,

Cliff
    Well Yesterday I ordered my wheels and tires from Summit. I used a average of what information I could find here on the forum.

Rear wheels : ARE-4058116555 Torq-Thrust II, Aluminum, Polished, 18 in. x 11.0 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 5.5 in. Backspace no offset info.
    Front wheels : ARE-VN5158865 Torq-Thrust II, Aluminum, Polished, 18 in. x 8 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.50 in. Backspace 0.0 offset.
    Rear tire : BFG-86742 g-Force Rival S 1.5, 315/30-18, Radial, Blackwall, Directional, W Speed Rating, 91 Load Index
    Front tire : BFG-08432 g-Force Rival S 1.5, 245/40-18, Radial, Blackwall, Directional, V Speed Rating, 93 Load Index

I don't get my kit for another month or so. I hope that they fit. If I had to order over again I would not get the 315/30-18 rear tire. I think it might be too big. Maybe a 305 size would be better. The tires I found on the forum were more for racing/autocross. I wanted more of a street use tire. With that much rubber on the back I don't think I will have much of a problem of them breaking loose on a normal drive. I'm getting the Blue-Print 383 430HP motor and T700R4 trans. I'll update the info once I get the kit.

Cliff
    Last edited by colsen23153; 02-28-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJT '33 View Post
    Hey there, thought I would ping in here, I ended up designing and 3D printing my third brake light as I hated what was out there. I ended up using a light from United Pacific Industries https://truck.uapac.com/product/cont?pid=1865 as my third brake light. We will be mounting it as a dim running and bright brake light. The attached pics show what it looks like, it still needs to be smoothed and painted. It will sit flush to my hard top and my back cover when going topless so the wiring runs under the hardtop edge and goes through the body centered on the hard top edge which keeps it completely hidden. I will most likely have the light itself tinted a bit black so it blends better with my all black body.
    20190227_195025.jpg
    20190227_195241.jpg running light intensity
    20190227_195244.jpg braking light intensity
    Its similar to Kevin's but smaller only about 7" wide 1" tall and 2" deep.
    Nice light but I think you posted this in the wrong thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cliff
    I ordered the exact same tires and tire sizes.
    Wheels were slightly different. I went with FFR max recommended - 9" with 5.5 backspace on the front, 11" with 6" backspace on the back.
    I wish I could tell you how that worked out but I haven't tried them with the body and fenders on yet.
    I think the biggest concern everyone has is the rears rubbing on the inside - for that I'm worse off than you (6" vs 5.5") I suspect you will be fine.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Hi Cliff
    I ordered the exact same tires and tire sizes.
    Wheels were slightly different. I went with FFR max recommended - 9" with 5.5 backspace on the front, 11" with 6" backspace on the back.
    I wish I could tell you how that worked out but I haven't tried them with the body and fenders on yet.
    I think the biggest concern everyone has is the rears rubbing on the inside - for that I'm worse off than you (6" vs 5.5") I suspect you will be fine.
    Steve
    Only time will tell