Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Conversion to EFI

Post Thanks / Like

Conversion to EFI

Currently have a stroked 351 W to 393 ci with a Quick Fuel 750, ease of conversion and is FiTech or Sniper the way to go?
    MK4 #9121 - Complete kit - Stroked 351, T5x, 3.55 Rear End, 3-Link - Pickup 6/17/17, 1st start 12/2/17, Go-Kart 12/9/17, Road Worthy 4/27/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been very happy with the FiTech on my 306. I’m running an Edlebrock RPM Performer and E Cam. I put it on, made the connections and it started the first turn of the key. I switched from another EFI, so I had the in tank pump and return line. Most of the reviews on the unit that I hear are good, those on their Fuel Command system, not as much, but I’m sure you’ll get a lot of Feedback on here. FiTech also has a pretty active Facebook page.

Best of luck whichever way you go.

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Conversion will require return line, fuel pump, pressure regulator, coolant temp sensor, O2 bung in the exhaust, and electrical. Pretty easy with the body off the car, but electrical could be a challenge with the body on. I have no experience with the FITECH, but I'm very happy with the Sniper. One nice feature of the Sniper is the built-in pressure regulator.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done several of these efi setups, Fitech including their dual quad system and Holley Sniper. IMO, The Sniper is hands down the better system. Mainly because of their software and support.The hardware is very similar on both systems.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Conversion will require return line, fuel pump, pressure regulator, coolant temp sensor, O2 bung in the exhaust, and electrical. Pretty easy with the body off the car, but electrical could be a challenge with the body on. I have no experience with the FITECH, but I'm very happy with the Sniper. One nice feature of the Sniper is the built-in pressure regulator.

Dave
    As Dave noted, Sniper has a built in regulator so you don't need an external one. However, if you use the Sniper and don't want to run a return line, I believe that is an option by putting a separate regulator elsewhere and running a single line to the Sniper.

Post Thanks / Like
    FiTechs regulator is also internal.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a great deal of luck with the snipers. We have tried them all, and settled on this one for use on our engines.

we sell them outright also, as well as compatible ignition components if needed...
    https://blueprintengines.com/product...nish-bpp550510
    https://blueprintengines.com/product...50-511-bpp5267
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

8. Likes Geoff H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim. I’m running a Fitech 600 on my 331 with an in tank fuel pump. It runs great and the response quick. I love that I can start the car while working on it with out getting in the car. Turn the key and it starts. I’ve only done some minor tweaks to the system to stop a pop on decel and a lag on accel . I originally was going with a Sniper but could not find one as they were new a the time that I needed it. Both systems are very close in setup, and performance. The Fitech is cheaper cost wise and gets rebates every once awhile. If you want to check out my setup, stop over sometime when it’s not snowing...
    Rich
    Mark4 - 331 Stroker - Fitech 600 -TKO600 - Moser 3.55