Hey all, I'd like to hear some suggestions for my turbo selection. I'll be working on it soon, so I'd like to have some feedback before purchasing.
My engine is a 2002 ej205. I have 8:1 Pistons, wrx exhaust cams, pink injectors, stock flywheel & act street clutch on my rebuilt & balanced motor. I'm interested in a turbo with an external wastegate. My turbo will be located rearward of the engine approximately at the engine/trans part line, with the compressor housing pointed forward. My location will require slightly longer primary tubes than stock but clearance around the unit will not be a problem since I'm building all the surrounding infrastructure. I plan to use stock size primary tubes for my headers to maintain exhaust gas velocity. 2-into 1 tubes from each head, 2-into 1 again just before the turbo mount.
I read a little about twin scroll turbos & would be interested in one. My car will be used primarily for street so nothing too big please. I'm shooting for 300 rwhp and 6500-7000 redline if possible. From what I've read, this should require about 18 lbs of boost to achieve.
Let me hear from you & thanks in advance!