Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Windshield Disassembly

Post Thanks / Like

Windshield Disassembly

Going to have Windshield Chrome Plated. Have never disassembled one before. I removed the 4-Countersunk Screws (2 on each side) next to Split-line. I have not yet tried to split it open. Feels very tight. Anyone with experience?? Cautions etc.?? By the way, It is good to be a Bachelor some times. I can use my Leather Furniture as a Work Stand. My Dining room table is full of Electrical Harnesses. :>)
    w1.jpgw2.jpg
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBB Larry View Post
    Going to have Windshield Chrome Plated. Have never disassembled one before. I removed the 4-Countersunk Screws (2 on each side) next to Split-line. I have not yet tried to split it open. Feels very tight. Anyone with experience?? Cautions etc.?? By the way, It is good to be a Bachelor some times. I can use my Leather Furniture as a Work Stand. My Dining room table is full of Electrical Harnesses. :>)
    w1.jpgw2.jpg
    I have not however others noted to mark which screw goes where as they may sometimes be shorter or sanded to fit in that spot. I will be watching this as I want to eventually have mine painted. Following.

Post Thanks / Like
    Done. It was actually easy. Tap, Tap, Tap with a Plastic Hammer.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106