FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33 Hot Rod chassis dimensions?

Post Thanks / Like

'33 Hot Rod chassis dimensions?

I'm getting prepared for the delivery of my 33 and thinking of how to get it up my unpaved drive way. I plan on using a flat trailer but I know the car will be wider then the trailer so what are the dimensions of the bare chassis? I want to make sure I have the cross beams long enough.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are using Stewart to transport your kit, the driver has his own cart. My driver had a flat cart with big pneumatic tires. They have delivered to pretty remote houses and shops. Call them and describe your driveway and they will probably be able to deliver without you having to make anything.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had kind of an issue with my 33' delivery. I have a second Larger garage at he rear of my 1/2 acre property and that is where my build will take place. But its a gravel drive way to the rear, about 200 feet from street. Stewart driver and I decided it would fit in the back of my F150 pick up for the short trip and went very well. Two trips of boxes and hardtop the the last trip for the chassis and body. Yes, it hung out back of truck bed but for the short trip, was not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    If you are using Stewart to transport your kit, the driver has his own cart. My driver had a flat cart with big pneumatic tires. They have delivered to pretty remote houses and shops. Call them and describe your driveway and they will probably be able to deliver without you having to make anything.
    -Steve
    I am using Stewart so They should be able to handled it. Some times I worry too much about the small stuff
    Cliff