Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Blue Print Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blue Print Engines

Can anyone provide a ballpark price for a Coyote engine and AOD transmission which would be my choice for a 35 truck. I'm sure I can call them to get a price but thought I'd ask here for a price range. Thanks, Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    Can anyone provide a ballpark price for a Coyote engine and AOD transmission which would be my choice for a 35 truck. I'm sure I can call them to get a price but thought I'd ask here for a price range. Thanks, Jay
    Blueprint does not sell coyotes
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Ford Performance has the 435HP for about 8K. You can find the AOD all over the internet rated up to 600HP for under 2K. Check Monster, TCI ET.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you just call Fortes? He has the packages all set up and can answer all your questions.

Email: [email protected]
    Tel: 508 - 875 - 0016

http://fortesparts.com/index.php/pro...-crate-engine/
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck finding an auto that will bolt to a Coyote. An AOD will not work. I looked into this recently and found that the trans that will fit need a stand alone controller. One trans guy I talked to said the stand alone units don't work very well.
    Mike

6. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Good luck finding an auto that will bolt to a Coyote. An AOD will not work. I looked into this recently and found that the trans that will fit need a stand alone controller. One trans guy I talked to said the stand alone units don't work very well.
    Mike
    Good to know. Thanks.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ford Performance sells a package that is maybe what you're looking for? https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9000-PMCA. List is $16.3K, but looks like discounted for under $13K. I have no knowledge about how well it works, but the package is supported by Ford Performance. That's worth something.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edward. Thanks for posting that. I have had a few people looking for this exact drivetrain. Expensive but should be a good option for people that want the auto transmission.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Ford Performance sells a package that is maybe what you're looking for? https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9000-PMCA. List is $16.3K, but looks like discounted for under $13K. I have no knowledge about how well it works, but the package is supported by Ford Performance. That's worth something.
    Thanks. To get this early planning correct is very important for the budget. I know, I know..what budget?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay,

We focus primarily on pushrod V8's as we feel they have the nasty sound, appearance, and period correctness than the more modern engines. Nothing wrong with a modern powertrain, but as some have pointed out above, there are some more complicated and advanced systems on those engines.

What we do offer are EFI 306, 347, and 427 Engine Packages that can be paired to an automatic transmission right from BluePrint. These engines get the benefits of roller cams, aluminum heads, and electronic fuel injection, while retaining the sound and appearance of a "muscle car" V8.

all of our Factory Five Dressed engines are on FactoryFiveEngines.com
    https://factoryfiveengines.com/

The auto trans is here.
    https://blueprintengines.com/product...er-bppffr4r70w

Every engine we offer is fully dyno tested, and comes with a 30 month warranty. We also pair directly with FFR so we know what oil pans, air cleaners, etc fit these cars...so you're not running into unplanned surprised.

And i'll be happy to talk with you Monday if you want to call or email me directly!

Email
    [email protected]
    PH 1-800-483-4263 ext 1010

Johnny M BluePrint Engines
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    Jay,

We focus primarily on pushrod V8's as we feel they have the nasty sound, appearance, and period correctness than the more modern engines. Nothing wrong with a modern powertrain, but as some have pointed out above, there are some more complicated and advanced systems on those engines.

What we do offer are EFI 306, 347, and 427 Engine Packages that can be paired to an automatic transmission right from BluePrint. These engines get the benefits of roller cams, aluminum heads, and electronic fuel injection, while retaining the sound and appearance of a "muscle car" V8.

all of our Factory Five Dressed engines are on FactoryFiveEngines.com
    https://factoryfiveengines.com/

The auto trans is here.
    https://blueprintengines.com/product...er-bppffr4r70w

Every engine we offer is fully dyno tested, and comes with a 30 month warranty. We also pair directly with FFR so we know what oil pans, air cleaners, etc fit these cars...so you're not running into unplanned surprised.

And i'll be happy to talk with you Monday if you want to call or email me directly!

Email
    [email protected]
    PH 1-800-483-4263 ext 1010

Johnny M BluePrint Engines
    Jay,

Listen to Johnny! BluePrint Engines will be there for you before, during, and after your engine purchase. You'll get everything you need, assembled and ready to drop into your car. It's about as close to plug & play as you can get for your FFR Roadster.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 03-03-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

13. Thanks BluePrintEngines thanked for this post
    Likes BluePrintEngines liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave,

I may have to give Johnny a call. Thanks. Jay

15. Thanks BluePrintEngines thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I have installed a few of Blueprints drivetrains. Whenever there were questions or even engine issues, (hardly ever) they were very helpful and will bend over backwards to help.
    Mike

17. Thanks BluePrintEngines thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

I may have to give Johnny a call. Thanks. Jay
    Jay,

I too will chime in the Blue Print praises. Engine was flawless, and would definitely do another one from them.

Engine Day.JPG

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

19. Thanks BluePrintEngines thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gentleman,

just wanted to say thanks to Papa, Mike E, and Steve! Thats the good impression we want to leave with our customers! If there's ever an issue, we do everything we can to resolve quickly, and keep everyone on the road and happy!

Johnny Mac BPE
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Coyote with an AODE 4R70W from Performance Automatic with Powertrain Control Solutions controller and 3200 RPM STALL CONVERTER. I have 2,000 miles on it and it is bullet proof and wicked fast. Ask Tony Z at FFR he has the convertible red 33 with a blown coyote with the same combo.