BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK1 - Number 86

Post Thanks / Like

MK1 - Number 86

Hey Folks,

I've been a member here for a long long time. My car is Number 86 (yeah it's the 86th Cobra shipped out). I've rebuilt it 3 times and after 22 years I'm seriously considering building a new Mark 4. I'll probably take my motor and the registration from the current car and "transfer" it. I have a couple questions.. are there any other MK1 owners that have done this and what was your experience like. Also if there are any MK4 owners in the Austin area I would really like to see one.

I'm also wondering if anyone out there has a car older than mine!!

Thanks Y'all

2. Thanks speedfreak1211 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that's an early one. I had #234 for about 10 years. Picked up the kit sept 11 1996
    If you buy the complete kit Mark 4, you might be better off selling your car and starting with a new drivetrain. What is your car going to be worth with no motor and no title if you transfer all the numbers?
    Mike
    Last edited by michael everson; 03-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that is a consideration. I just have a ton invested in my engine. I might replace the motor with a stock 351 block and sell the car to keep the engine. If there are any Austin area owners that have a Mark IV I would really love to meet up and take a look at one.

Thanks All!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you’d like to see a car or two, come out to San Marcos in April!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!