Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from AZ

Hi, my name is Sean, I live in the Phoenix area, and I took over a build on a gen 1 type 65. I’m getting excited because it’s almost ready for paint.8B2D28C5-6FBB-4956-9A2A-C99F8DEE89D7.jpg8C0F1199-E5CE-4C54-B81F-8C478070AF4F.jpg

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Wow you even got plates on it already -- you must be close to being finished (however, they''re never done). Time to get excited. What color are you going with? I think I'll open an adult beverage and toast your good fortune. Just happen to have one right here.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Seanjet, Welcome!!! I believe I saw your car at this past Saturday's Scottsdale Cars & Coffee. Can't be two primer gray Gen1/2 FFR Type 65 Daytona Coupes in the Phoenix area.
    I'm located in Scottsdale. I received my Gen 3 Coupe full kit this past September and though the calendar says I'm approaching 6 months, with my being away many weeks in November and December, I'm more like just four months into the build. I've set up a build thread, but really haven't added much to it since shortly after receiving the kit. I'm pretty much following EdwardB's Gen 3 build and except for different engine (Gen 2 Coyote for me and Gen 3 Coyote for EdwardB) and different brakes, much so far is the same. As I get to my own customizations, I'll probably start to add build thread content.
    Yeah, what color???
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. We're out in Maricopa with 3 coupes going right now.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I just bought a 70% finished roadster. I’m in Chandler as well. Let me know if you need help one day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Maricopa, too. Welcome to the party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking HotRod red with white racing stripes. Think I’ll join you in a drink. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, you as well. Always nice to talk to others and get fresh ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that was mine, I heard there was someone in Scottsdale building one. Would love to get together and chat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seanjet, Great, that was your Daytona. Sure, lets get together. I'll send you a PM.
    Bob