Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 35 Pickup Chassis Questions

Post Thanks / Like

35 Pickup Chassis Questions

Hi - New to the thread. Very impressed with the FFR 35 truck kit. Couple of questions;

Can the chassis be ordered in bare metal vs powder coated?

Could this base FFR chassis withstand the stress of "light/sport" off road use (with maybe a little modification?)

Appreciate the feedback. - Rob

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can get it in bare metal. Not really sure this chassis and suspension setup would work offload. Low ride height and very short suspension travel. Just my 2 cents worth.

3. Thanks Chop_Wood_Carry_Water thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the response. Great to hear about the bare metal option. Removing powder coat to add some other mounts to modify the suspension would be a bear.

I really like FFR 35 truck kit. The fact that "everything" everything comes with it makes the cost of entry into the hobby pretty reasonable. I want to do a prerunner 2wd type set up which would involve basically reworking the suspension mounts entirely but doing that vs a whole custom chassis set up is more budget friendly. If you go to youtube and type in "Trophy Rat Northrup Fab" you'll get the vibe of what i'm envisioning. To your point, aside from front and rear suspension alterations I'm not exactly sure if the actual thickness of the FFR chassis was engineered to handle getting thrown around in the sand or dirt. I'd need to see it in person.

Do you happen to know if they ever will offer a roof chop option? I saw another member post some renderings of various chops and it changes the whole attitude of the truck. Just not sure how the fiber

Post Thanks / Like
    no it's not. Don't even think about a pre-runner for this chassis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the feedback Ken. I had a suspicion this chassis wasn't intended for what I'd like to do. Still, a real nice product FFR came out with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Pre-runners have a very specific structure. Lots of heavy DOM tubing. This is more for street, strip and autocross.

That said it was a very good question! :-)

8. Thanks Chop_Wood_Carry_Water thanked for this post