BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello From VA

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From VA

Hello Forum,
    I am new to the forum and live in Vienna, VA (just about 10 miles from Washington DC). We have a club of Cobra Roadster that meet in The Vienna Inn on Saturday mornings. This is about a mile from my house. When my boys were younger we would love to go down and see them. Now I would love to build one.

I built a custom motorcycle bobber kit years ago and think I can do a project FFR Roadster someday.
    I joined the forum to learn about how you did your project.
    Thanks
    Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Stuart, I'm building a Mk 4 and just got the body on for the first time last week. There are a few other builders up your way and atleast 2 that haven't been on the road very long. I knew about the Vienna Inn but haven't been there since high school (1965). I have a build thread on the other forum same name as here.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

3. Thanks VAHokie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Stuart. I was born and raised in Vienna and my folks still live there. I'm out in Chantilly and just started my build back in January. Welcome to stop by anytime.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stuart -- I'm 60 miles south of you in Dahlgren, VA and currently scoping out my MkIV kit order.

~Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings from Alexandria.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.