BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake upgrade needed, looking for shop

Post Thanks / Like

Brake upgrade needed, looking for shop

Im going to upgrade my brakes to a 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. I'm in need of a person/or shop near me (60083) that is 'capable' of installing an upgraded brake kit. Gordon says it would take about 6 hours for someone who knows what they are doing. He is ready to ship the big brake kit to me however before he does I need someone who can do it right. It's not just remove and replace... as it requires set up work with the diff to make sure there is no end play and other things. Can anyone out there recomend a person/shop near my zip 60083?

Post Thanks / Like
    A good friend of mine is Jim Tipman who is the owner of Sparks Computerized Car Care in Lake Zurich. His number is 847) 540-1260 and his shop is at 491 S. Rand Rd.
    Lake Zurich, Il 60047. He is going to do my alignment.

Give him a call to see what he can do for you. Tell him Steve Hewson sent you.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, thanks for the info. I called Jim and he passed on the opportunity to work on the Cobra. Said he was too busy.. could not get to it until June. And really did not sould too excited about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m guessing you have a c clip axles then since you mention end play. When you find a shop you may want to look at clip eliminators or have 9” ends welded on your axle to control movement. Plus if you have c clips if a axle lets go the axle and wheel can and will walk out of the car. Not to scare you it’s just a fact of life for c clips. That’s why the NHRA doest like them. Some shops may just want to shim the clips to control movement so be aware of what you may be getting.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpariso View Post
    Steve, thanks for the info. I called Jim and he passed on the opportunity to work on the Cobra. Said he was too busy.. could not get to it until June. And really did not sould too excited about it.
    Well it was worth a shot.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.