Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Panel Sealer

Post Thanks / Like

Panel Sealer

I was helping a little on a job at the skeet club with a HVAC and general contractor today. We were putting in some vent duct. They had a tube of Dap Ultra Clear in the chalking gun. After reading the label and seeing the actual product, I think it might be somewhat superior to the GE silicone I used. If for no other reason it dries clear, if that would be an advantage for anyone. I have no issues with the GE, just letting those know that might want to give it a look.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it different than GE II Clear or GE Iron Grip clear?
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot compare, except the GE Silicone clear. I was impressed with the Dap, in all areas and would try it for myself. I have a tube and a half of the GE and lack only the elephant ears and radiator sides, so I do not see myself having many areas to get full exposure. I might get a tube for any incidental uses.
    Last edited by Railroad; 03-10-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I made a note of the DAP. In last couple of months I bought some clear and it came out of the tube white. Over 24 hours it got kind of clear, kind of. Then I tried another brand. It came in a clear tube and is definitely clear but it is so thin it doesn't stay where you put it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.