FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New from VA

Post Thanks / Like

New from VA

Hello all,

I'm in Dahlgren VA, (60 miles south of Washington, DC), and currently considering taking on a Mk4 build project. I look forward to the opportunity to chat with (perhaps meet) other builders in the area!

~Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mark, I'm in North Stafford about 15 miles north of Fredericksburg. I've been building a Mk4 coming up on 2 years. Any time you want to visit PM me and I'll give you my address.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

3. Thanks Marchmann thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I'm in Chesapeake, VA and I'm about 1/2 way through a Mark IV build. Let me know if you are in the area and I'd be happy to show you the kit/progress.

Gary

5. Thanks Marchmann thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mark! I'm in Central PA, working on an unfinished Mk3.1 kit that I bought in October last year. Best wishes to you for an enjoyable journey!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

7. Thanks Marchmann thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All -- thanks for the welcome, and very much appreciate the offers to check-out projects-in-progress. I'm currently working on building the garage/workshop that will be used for my project car (amongst other things), and can't help but to already start looking at car kits and options. So many choices....so little time!

I see occasional gatherings of builders/owners in other areas -- anything of the sort occur in the VA area?

Thanks again,
    ~Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark!
    Welcome. I'm in Sterling. Let me know if you are ever in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, There is a great community of folks around VA. I'm in Williamsburg with a fun build on-going. PM me (or any others) and I'll provide contact details. Welcome! Doug B

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings from Alexandria.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.