Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Heads up for older car owners

Post Thanks / Like

Heads up for older car owners

Just a heads up for the guys (and girls) owning an older car that uses one of the original reverse rotation speedometers with the right-angle adapter and is cable driven . . . these need to be lubed along with your normal preventive maintenance routine.

I was out last weekend, going to my Saturday morning Cars & Coffee gathering and noticed that my cable driven speedo pointer was jumping around a bit. Truefully, I hadn't thought about the right-angle adapter or the cable in it's jacket for a few years - the "twitching" was the tell-tale sign that I hadn't serviced it in a while.

Pulled the dash and disconnected the speedo drive, lubed the cable, the cable jacket and the adapter with a quality grease and all is good.

Just a heads up

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

2. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Likes 65 Cobra Dude, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doc, Saw the title and immediately opened the thread only to find out that the "older" was the vehicle not the owner. Whew. Easier fix than getting younger... Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, shoulda posted it as heads up for older vehicles . . . left the "owner" part out. Ha!

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doc, mine only starts jumping around a bit at 120 MPH in reverse. So I will it on my list first thing. Hope to make it to C&C soon.