Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix - July 2019 - Cobra is one of the marques

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix - July 2019 - Cobra is one of the marques

For those of you who don’t live in the Pittsburgh area, The Vintage Gran Prix has been going on for 35+ years in the middle of Pittsburgh. Cobra is being honored as one of the Marques of the year along with Alfas - it is billed as “year of the snake” due to snakes being in each cars logo. The weekend before there are a few road rallies and in the week leading up to the races there are car shows every night all over Pittsburgh followed by race days on Saturday and Sunday. To further sweeten the pot, the Shelby American Automobile Club and Team Shelby will hold their national convention the weekend prior to the Vintage Gran Prix at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex just north of Pittsburgh. If you are within driving distance of Pittsburgh, it will be a great weekend to see lots of F5 cobras and probably a few originals too!

I grew up in Pittsburgh and loved attending this event every summer that happened every year just around my birthday. I am sure this is one of the many reasons why I am now a “car guy”. I have included the website for the Gran Prix below. There’s a worthwhile event and all proceeds from the Grand Prix are donated to a local charity.

www.pvgp.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to add that crowds over the race weekend will top 100,000. This is a nice car show and you will see almost every car imaginable. Pre-war up to modern-day exotics.