Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: The GTM is great in the snow!

Post Thanks / Like

The GTM is great in the snow!

Here's a pic of my GTM after busting through 4 foot drifts, managing icy back roads with ease, trouncing through slush 3 inchs deep and towing a 4X4 out of a snow bank. Hardly looks wet does it?

Well, maybe it didn't do all those things, but I did back it out of the garage and warm it up as things are slowing starting to melt up here in Wisconsin. Ready to get her back out on the road!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i bet that car would melt the snow just by the virtue of its presence. Beautiful ride.
    Last edited by Kool AC; 03-12-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    MkIV Complete Kit #9423, Gen 3 Coyote, TKO-600, IRS Torsen 3.73, Wilwoods, DA Konis - Delivered 9/14/18

4. Thanks Keith1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! And surprisingly, GTMs will get around better than I expected. We just had a GTM here this winter with the Pilot Sport Cup tires on it (almost no tread at all....virtually racing slicks as far as driving in the snow and ice is concerned) and I had to drive the car in to have an alignment done. Our road was almost solid ice...to the point that I was afraid that I would have a really hard time just getting a half mile to the pavement. Even up a bit of a grade, I never spun a tire and was really impressed that it did that well.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve got some family from WI heading down to FL for a bit to get away from the white crap in your pic.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of the Pilot Sport Cups, but dang pretty pricy and won’t last long at.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it was cold out...about 20 degrees on the day I drove that car to the alignment shop.....but if that experience is any indication of the performance of the Sport Cup tires, I was not impressed. Even on dry pavement I could not go past about 1/2 throttle without breaking the tires loose.....even in 3rd gear. I think there is a good reason why most people prefer the PS2's over the Sport Cup's.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    I know it was cold out...about 20 degrees on the day I drove that car to the alignment shop.....but if that experience is any indication of the performance of the Sport Cup tires, I was not impressed. Even on dry pavement I could not go past about 1/2 throttle without breaking the tires loose.....even in 3rd gear. I think there is a good reason why most people prefer the PS2's over the Sport Cup's.
    Good point on the PS2.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel sorry for you guys that are in states with front license plates.
    If in doubt......flat out-Colin McRae

Coupe #485

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, its a pain. There was just no way to get it on and have it look good. Someone else I know in WI who built a GTM told me that when he had his plate over the radiator opening it fairly quickly affected his engine temp. Therefore, I tried to mount mine below it but high enough that it doesn't scrape. What's a law abiding citizen to do?