Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anybody using E-3 spark plugs?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody using E-3 spark plugs?

I bought a set for my ej20 and haven't had a chance to try them yet. Just wondering if anyone else has tried them yet. They should work good for a boosted engine I would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, 109 views but no responses. Must not be anyone but me using them. I'll let you all know how they work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only ever used the NGK LFR7AIX / 2309s, pretty much the recommended subaru EJ plug every where. However, none of the fitment guides say they'll fit but they certainly do...
    Factory Five 818c #456

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    The unique ground strap configuration on the E3 may provide longer life for a daily driver (more sharp edges to jump a spark) but that huge heat sink is not what most racers would select for a high performance engine, especially one using power adders. That's significant more mass to cool than the common "J" style ground strap which sheds heat quickly, especially the shorter "race" versions. A hot ground strap can cause pre-ignition. And I don't know how you would read that ground strap to determine if the advance is correct. On a common "J" style ground you can read the position of the color stripe to set your advance.

Use them and evaluate how they work. But unless you have a specific test methodology with measurable results all you're doing is going by perception which is unreliable at best.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I started the thread. Useful information. Just looking at the E3 plugs, one thing that I thought is that they may not blow out like conventions plugs when improperly indexed, when used on forced induction motors.