Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
If there is one thing I've learned from reading these threads is don't buy an accessory drive system until you install the engine. Looks real tight. I'm waiting to order a 33 in a few months with an LS3 TKO600. Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
Mastertech5: I'm also using an LS3 in my truck build and I was surprised at how little room there was for an accessory drive, and I consider the LS as a rather compact engine. What I ended up using was the Holley LS accessory drive system, I ordered P/N 20-185BK as the black fit my theme better. What I like about this system: no extra brackets, everything mounts to their water pump housing, and that housing has a provision for the LS steam line. Another plus for me since I not running a hood or side covers is the water pump has two options for routing the heater hoses, straight out like any other LS water pump, or down as I used. It helped to kind of hide the heater hoses IMO. One thing to be aware of: While this system comes with a power steering pump and related parts, there is no way the P/S would fit in the '33/'35 chassis - other FFR models I can't speak too. I wish it was offered without the P/S, but even with it it was a little cheaper than some other systems I looked at, now if I could only sell those P/S parts I didn't use!
DSC_0651.JPGDSC_0652.JPGDSC_0653.JPGDSC_0654.JPGDSC_0655.JPGDSC_0656.JPG