Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  132

Thread: Cliff's 33 Hot Rod Build in Virginia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cliff's 33 Hot Rod Build in Virginia

Yesterday FFR received my check so I am the proud owner of a 33 Hot Rod.

Order date 1/23/2019 Date required 3/23/2019. I ordered the complete kit with the optional top and bike fenders.
    Stewart Transport is picking it up 3/23/2019 and they said they would call before then to give me an estimate delivery date.
    I ordered a Chevy 383 Fuel Injected 430HP with the 700R4 transmission on 1/24/2019 from BluePrint engines. It has been back ordered until late March early April. That seams like a long time but since the kit isn't due by then it's OK with me.
    I went to build school 2/15/2019 2/17/2019.

My plan with the 33 is to start out as a roadster with bike fenders. Then get it titled, registered and plates. I'll drive it for a while before putting the hard top on with the electric windows. Do some body work before putting full fenders on and painting it tuxedo black with red pearl.

While waiting for the delivery I have collected some parts I'll need. So far I have a rebuilt 8.8" solid rear with 3.55 gears and disk brakes, e-brake handle with NOS cables, Headers recommended by FFR to fit the SB and tires. I ordered wheels and tires from Summit. American Racing VN405 Custom Torq-Thrust II Polished Wheels 18 X 8 front and 18 X 11 rear. The tires are BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5 Tires 245/40-18 front 315/30-18 rear. And assorted tools and hardware that I will need for the build.

This is what my build area looks like now.

Shop.JPG
    I can't wait to get started.

Cliff
    Last edited by colsen23153; 05-16-2019 at 08:45 PM. Reason: limit info