BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Cliff's 33 Hot Rod Build in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Cliff's 33 Hot Rod Build in Virginia

Yesterday FFR received my check so I am the proud owner of a 33 Hot Rod.

Order date 1/23/2019 Date required 3/23/2019. I ordered the complete kit with the optional top and bike fenders.
    Stewart Transport is picking it up 3/23/2019 and they said they would call before then to give me an estimate delivery date.
    I ordered a Chevy 383 Fuel Injected 430HP with the 700R4 transmission on 1/24/2019 from BluePrint engines. It has been back ordered until late March early April. That seams like a long time but since the kit isn't due by then it's OK with me.
    I went to build school 2/15/2019 2/17/2019.

I am just over 70, retired with a lot of time on my hands. I have always been in to cars since before I could drive. My first hot rod was a '49 Ford with a Hemi. Since then I have put a Corvette 327 350HP in a '63 Chevrolet SS convertible. I have had a Z28, '69 Super Bee 383 Ram Air and now on my second C6 and many others in between.

My plan with the 33 is to start out as a roadster with bike fenders. Then get it titled, registered and plates. I'll drive it for a while before putting the hard top on with the electric windows. Do some body work before putting full fenders on and painting it tuxedo black.

While waiting for the delivery I have collected some parts I'll need. So far I have a rebuilt 8.8" solid rear with 3.55 gears and disk brakes, e-brake handle with NOS cables, Headers recommended by FFR to fit the SB and tires. I ordered wheels and tires from Summit. American Racing VN405 Custom Torq-Thrust II Polished Wheels 18 X 8 front and 18 X 11 rear. The tires are BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5 Tires 245/40-18 front 315/30-18 rear. And assorted tools and hardware that I will need for the build.

This is what my build area looks like now.

Shop.JPG
    I can't wait to get started.

Cliff
    Last edited by colsen23153; 03-13-2019 at 08:12 PM.

2. Likes Mrallsport32, AJT '33, peterh226 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Cliff! Where in VA are you? If you are close, happy to check things out and vice versa

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Cliff, you're going to have a ton of fun! I received my kit last November and am happy as heck. I picked those same tires as well, they look great and hopefully I'll enjoy riding on them later this year. Remember, the forum is one of your best resources. I look forward to your build.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiec View Post
    Congrats Cliff! Where in VA are you? If you are close, happy to check things out and vice versa
    I am in Sandy Hook, 20 minutes West of Richmond just off I64.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, you'll have fun, nice engine too.
    The link didn't work.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/4L65e, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 245/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Cliff and welcome to the madness. This journey is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. I hope yours is as enjoyable.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Congrats, you'll have fun, nice engine too.
    The link didn't work.
    Fixed link. I hope

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colsen23153 View Post
    Yesterday FFR received my check so I am the proud owner of a 33 Hot Rod.

Order date 1/23/2019 Date required 3/23/2019. I ordered the complete kit with the optional top and bike fenders.
    Stewart Transport is picking it up 3/23/2019 and they said they would call before then to give me an estimate delivery date.
    I ordered a Chevy 383 Fuel Injected 430HP with the 700R4 transmission on 1/24/2019 from BluePrint engines. It has been back ordered until late March early April. That seams like a long time but since the kit isn't due by then it's OK with me.
    I went to build school 2/15/2019 2/17/2019.

I am just over 70, retired with a lot of time on my hands. I have always been in to cars since before I could drive. My first hot rod was a '49 Ford with a Hemi. Since then I have put a Corvette 327 350HP in a '63 Chevrolet SS convertible. I have had a Z28, '69 Super Bee 383 Ram Air and now on my second C6 and many others in between.

My plan with the 33 is to start out as a roadster with bike fenders. Then get it titled, registered and plates. I'll drive it for a while before putting the hard top on with the electric windows. Do some body work before putting full fenders on and painting it tuxedo black.

While waiting for the delivery I have collected some parts I'll need. So far I have a rebuilt 8.8" solid rear with 3.55 gears and disk brakes, e-brake handle with NOS cables, Headers recommended by FFR to fit the SB and tires. I ordered wheels and tires from Summit. American Racing VN405 Custom Torq-Thrust II Polished Wheels 18 X 8 front and 18 X 11 rear. The tires are BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5 Tires 245/40-18 front 315/30-18 rear. And assorted tools and hardware that I will need for the build.

This is what my build area looks like now.

Shop.JPG
    I can't wait to get started.

Cliff
    That's a good start already...Congratulations Cliff!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster, Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19

Ol Skool

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Cliff. One of my Richmond VA. memories is watching Bill Reed and Ronnie Sox make a run down the 1/4 mile there. I made a few down at Dinwiddie myself before it got bigger. Spent some time at the "big gray boat factory" in Newport News and very long ago at Fort Belvoir too. Good luck with the build. Looks like you'll have it done by August!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    Congrats Cliff. One of my Richmond VA. memories is watching Bill Reed and Ronnie Sox make a run down the 1/4 mile there. I made a few down at Dinwiddie myself before it got bigger. Spent some time at the "big gray boat factory" in Newport News and very long ago at Fort Belvoir too. Good luck with the build. Looks like you'll have it done by August!
    I plan to have it on the road before August, I hope. I see you are from upstate NY, I was born on LI and moved to Rochester in '69 and came down south in '79.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cliff did you post your build on another site I would like to read it and see what you did . I enjoy reading to see what each and every person does because everyone is different. Please post your site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sturigus83 View Post
    Cliff did you post your build on another site I would like to read it and see what you did . I enjoy reading to see what each and every person does because everyone is different. Please post your site
    This IS my build thread. Only here.
    One thing I have learned is to have patience. Today I got a call from BluePrint Engines saying my engine and trans are being shipped today. I ordered it 1/24/19. My 33 is due to ship this Saturday. It was ordered 1/23/19. It would be nice if it got loaded last and I am the first stop. I ordered my rims and tires a while ago and received the tires and the front rims. I also got a email that my rear rims have shipped and are due Friday. I have to pick up some more tools and jacks tomorrow.

So it looks that after waiting about two months I might finally get to start my build. I have been reading just about all the build threads on the forum, not just the 33 but all the others. There is a wealth of information out there. I hope that soon I will be able to tell you all about the fun I'm having.
    Cliff