Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Better than a Coyote???

Post Thanks / Like

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    For street cred or a show car- Yes.
    As an actual engine - No. They had several issues. The chains stretched cause timing issues, weak rods, oiling issues, and if pushed over 750hp (which they did for drag racing) the block shattered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Leno has a Cobra replica with one of these in it

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? It all depends on what you want. Personally, I'm happy with my coyote.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Why? It all depends on what you want. Personally, I'm happy with my coyote.
    I am with Al. No thanks.

For 45K you could have 4 coyotes and control packs and enough change to buy 2 TKO 600's.

oh yeah, you also get the benefit of an engine that runs like a top, and actually fits in the cars.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    I am with Al. No thanks.

For 45K you could have 4 coyotes and control packs and enough change to buy 2 TKO 600's.

oh yeah, you also get the benefit of an engine that runs like a top, and actually fits in the cars.
    I agree that its too big, but for the sound, there's nothing like it. Why I went with a conventional pushrod. No matter what 'tune' you want to put in a Coyote, you can't get there. That being said, lots of pros and cons for both kinds of engines. Just depends on what you want.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    The SOHC 427 was "legendary" back in the 60's. "Legendary" being the operative word! It was actually developed to compete with the Hemi in NASCAR, but outlawed by that NASCAR after its first year. Ford dropped production right after that due to "issues" not only with its manufacture, but with its longevity! They do look great, sound great and make a ton of HP, but so does the Coyote and it has a warranty!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Kirkham Cobra with a SOHC 427 in it at the Annual Shelby Car Show in North Dallas. It is beautiful to look at, and sounds awesome. When he fired it up at the show, it brought the whole place to a stop...

https://youtu.be/uCaefWCWJAE