I am working on body level and fitment early. Currently I have the body level on the frame and am working on the firewall and foot boxes. The firewall clamps on well. I can see a few adjustments will be needed, but I will be able to mount it flush to the frame and get a tight overlap on the body lip at the cowl. Partially because there is a slight rake to the upper frame.

The foot boxes are different. The fiberglass body lip at that position on the sides are in front of the vertical frame and create a problem for mounting the foot boxes flush with the frame. About .125 to .25 inch proud of the frame. They would be bowed with the body on and overlapping the side flange.

Have you trimmed the body?
Added spacers between the foot box and the frame?
Added insulation between the foot boxes and frame?
I am interested to know how others have tackled this problem for a clean mount between the foot boxes and firewall and the body flanges. Many of the posts just show examples of the firewall and foot boxes attached to the frame without the body. These look nice and flush, but this could be a problem if trying to fit the body later.

Thanks in advance.