Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Levy Racing MK4 Cobra for sale

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Levy Racing MK4 Cobra for sale

Absolutely perfect and stunning Factory Five Racing Cobra MK4 for sale. Custom built by Gordon Levy Racing of Maricopa AZ and delivered to me in in Florida in November, 2015.

I am not a mechanic by any stretch. When I sat down with Gordon to discuss the build, I told him that I wanted a car that went fast, stopped quick, was daily-driver reliable, and looked and sounded amazing doing it. They delivered in spades.

The car is palladium silver with ghost stripes over a black interior. I wanted a super clean, light design -- no unnecessary extras (no stereo, no wipers, no cup holders, no A/C, etc.) I had the dual roll bars installed in case I wanted to do some instructor-led track time, but that never happened. The car has never been raced or autocrossed.

This car was hand built from the ground up with no donor parts. Here is what I know about the internals and I know Levy Racing would be happy to take your call to discuss the finer details.

Hand built 302 with stage-II upgrades
    Trick Flow Track Max hydraulic roller camshaft
    GT40P heads
    Edelbrock Performer intake manifold
    3-link Koni coilover suspension
    Wilwood racing brakes
    FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 fuel system with touchscreen handheld controller
    MSD Digital-6 Plus ignition
    Tremec T5-Z transmission
    March Performance pulleys
    Russ Thompson pedal and throttle linkage
    BBK headers, ceramic coated -- car sounds amazing with a nice cam lope
    Levy Racing oil pan
    Levy Racing clutch
    Ford Performance balancer, lifters, bellhousing
    Nitto 555 tires in great shape
    Braided stainless lines
    Dynamat insulation
    Brake screens
    Nomex honeycomb radiator protector
    Billet remote oil filter mounts
    Billet rear view mirror
    12v cell phone charger under dash
    Battery cutoff switch (removable key, for security) behind seat
    H3R extinguisher
    Dual roll bars
    Custom tonneau cover and full Carcraft waterproof cover

My understanding is the motor was beefed up internally so that adding horsepower would be very straightforward. The car is super powerful yet a very manageable and balanced street performer.

Some recent health changes are requiring the sale.

The car has approximately 4,500 miles on it, always garage stored, has never seen rain, no scratches or blemishes etc. Perfect running shape.

My ask is $45K or best offer. Car is located in southwest Florida and I am sure we could work out shipping if needed.

I just posted a new album in the Gallery titled "Levy Racing Cobra". You can find all of the pictures there and I am happy to send more.

PM me if interested. Thanks.
    Last edited by jfmnbpt1; 03-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it titled as?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanP View Post
    What is it titled as?
    It is titled in Florida. Year: 1965. Make: FFR. Primary Brand: REPLICA. Odometer Status: 79 MILES ACTUAL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmnbpt1 View Post
    It is titled in Florida. Year: 1965. Make: FFR. Primary Brand: REPLICA. Odometer Status: 79 MILES ACTUAL.
    Uh how did you pull that off if you don't mind me asking? The MSO would be 2015ish right?

Thanks
    ss

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the individual states. AZ titles them as a 65 Ford roadster. Since it is a replica of a 65 roadster it titles as such. Florida is much the same way.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Levy View Post
    Depends on the individual states. AZ titles them as a 65 Ford roadster. Since it is a replica of a 65 roadster it titles as such. Florida is much the same way.
    No experience with AZ but I actually have some reliable anecdotal evidence that FL can be kinda harsh on replica cars. Its pretty solid price savings for the tags if you can title a modern replica on the year it represents - antique tag. FL based on the story a neighbor told me threatened his friend for misrepresenting the year of production of a replica and made him buy tags based on the MSO they finally made him (re)produce. MS is pretty harsh there too. The antique tags here are very reasonable while the standard tags are some of the most expensive in the country.

Can you walk us through exactly what papers you presented to make it a 1965? I know in pretty much every case if you walk into the title office with an "antique" title already generated from another state its pretty much a walk but I overheard an exchange between two of the employees at the title office there talking about a guy who had just walked out that there was a list of vehicles they had somewhere that listed common cars that were replicas made of. The second employee clearly had no clue about the list and based on how the conversation ended I am guessing the guy never heard from them again but I stored it as a cautionary bit of info. Again MS tags are harsh.

ss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quoted in part:

FLORIDA STATUTES
    Fla. Stat. § 320.0863 (2010)
    § 320.0863. Custom vehicles and street rods; registration and license plates
    (1) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) "Blue dot tail light" means a red lamp that contains a blue or purple insert that is not more than one
    inch in diameter and is installed in the rear of a motor vehicle.
    (b) "Custom vehicle" means a motor vehicle that:
    1. Is 25 years old or older and of a model year after 1948 or was manufactured to resemble a vehicle
    that is 25 years old or older and of a model year after 1948; and
    2. Has been altered from the manufacturer's original design or has a body constructed from
    nonoriginal materials.
    (c) "Street rod" means a motor vehicle that:
    1. Is of a model year of 1948 or older or was manufactured after 1948 to resemble a vehicle of a
    model year of 1948 or older; and
    2. Has been altered from the manufacturer's original design or has a body constructed from
    nonoriginal materials.
    (2) The model year and year of manufacture which the body of a custom vehicle or street
    rod resembles is the model year and year of manufacture listed on the certificate of title, regardless of
    when the vehicle was actually manufactured.

Reference - https://www.semasan.com/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_FL.pdf

10. Thanks subysouth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike223 View Post
    Quoted in part:

FLORIDA STATUTES
    Fla. Stat. § 320.0863 (2010)
    § 320.0863. Custom vehicles and street rods; registration and license plates
    (1) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) "Blue dot tail light" means a red lamp that contains a blue or purple insert that is not more than one
    inch in diameter and is installed in the rear of a motor vehicle.
    (b) "Custom vehicle" means a motor vehicle that:
    1. Is 25 years old or older and of a model year after 1948 or was manufactured to resemble a vehicle
    that is 25 years old or older and of a model year after 1948; and
    nonoriginal materials.
    (c) "Street rod" means a motor vehicle that:
    1. Is of a model year of 1948 or older or was manufactured after 1948 to resemble a vehicle of a
    model year of 1948 or older; and
    nonoriginal materials.
    (2) The model year and year of manufacture which the body of a custom vehicle or street
    rod resembles is the model year and year of manufacture listed on the certificate of title, regardless of
    when the vehicle was actually manufactured.

Reference - https://www.semasan.com/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_FL.pdf
    My story I guarantee predates 2010 - maybe it changed? Sounds good regardless and good to know.

Thanks
    ss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by subysouth View Post
    My story I guarantee predates 2010 - maybe it changed? Sounds good regardless and good to know.

Thanks
    ss

SEMA has been working at it pretty hard with considerable success for the last decade or two - still varies state to state.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took me all of ten minutes. I arrived at the DMV office with the car. I had my bill of sale in hand from Gordon Levy Racing, and proof of insurance from Classic Collectors / Infinity. They came out to the parking lot to confirm the VIN on the frame and the odometer reading. Told me what a nice car it is. Wanted to hear me start it up just for fun, and then we went back inside. I requested to be registered as a 1965 with an antique plate and there was zero pushback. Done.

My experience with the Florida DMV has been amazing compared with Massachusetts where I used to live. I remember after becoming a full time resident and registering our daily drivers, I asked the clerk where I needed to go to get my inspection sticker for my daily driver. He said, "We don't do that down here. That's just another made up tax. Go to the beach and have some fun. Welcome to Florida." All good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Super information, JF. Hope to drop the NY part from my sign in soon. Happy to hear how easy it is to register the roadsters. We have a 2018 SUV at the house and that was a cakewalk, just wasn't sure about a roadster. Thank you much for the info...