The Traveling Builder

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater installation with glovebox and windshield wiper

Post Thanks / Like

Heater installation with glovebox and windshield wiper

FFR says that its not a problem to install the Heater/Defroster with a dash that has a glove box. I've also got windshield wipers to install. Has anyone figured out the placement of these parts? Any pictures or dimensions that you can share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, 72 views but no replies. Tell us what car (roadster?, GTM?, 818?) and what engine, what wipers, what glove box, etc. There's lots of brain power and experience on this forum if you give info.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, all possible. I also did a firewall forward mod. Not done, but everything is in place and should work. Check the forum, I'm not the brightest bulb, but read through both boards before going this route. I made my own glovebox, but there are pre-made options as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have viewed twice.but havenít replied- I have a car I am working on now- have a glove box, wipers and heat- Iíf you send a pm we can communicate through email and I can get you whatever measurements/ info you need.

This one is a 427- the next one will have heat/ glove box and wipers but will be a coyote.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Not a waxer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done body&paint on a several roadsters with heat and wipers but none have had a full glovebox. Gets pretty crowded back there but you could probably pull off a shallow one by packaging everything neatly. BTW, I've tried a couple different approaches to defrosters and recommend that you plug the outlet on the RH side of the heater box and just install a dummy vent grill on the passenger side.

Jeff