Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater installation with glovebox and windshield wiper

Post Thanks / Like

Heater installation with glovebox and windshield wiper

FFR says that its not a problem to install the Heater/Defroster with a dash that has a glove box. I've also got windshield wipers to install. Has anyone figured out the placement of these parts? Any pictures or dimensions that you can share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, 72 views but no replies. Tell us what car (roadster?, GTM?, 818?) and what engine, what wipers, what glove box, etc. There's lots of brain power and experience on this forum if you give info.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, all possible. I also did a firewall forward mod. Not done, but everything is in place and should work. Check the forum, I'm not the brightest bulb, but read through both boards before going this route. I made my own glovebox, but there are pre-made options as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have viewed twice.but haven’t replied- I have a car I am working on now- have a glove box, wipers and heat- I’f you send a pm we can communicate through email and I can get you whatever measurements/ info you need.

This one is a 427- the next one will have heat/ glove box and wipers but will be a coyote.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done body&paint on a several roadsters with heat and wipers but none have had a full glovebox. Gets pretty crowded back there but you could probably pull off a shallow one by packaging everything neatly. BTW, I've tried a couple different approaches to defrosters and recommend that you plug the outlet on the RH side of the heater box and just install a dummy vent grill on the passenger side.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was working on my Mk4 a few months ago... I have the Vinyl Dash w/glove box that FF sells. I put the heater in on the standard firewall. This makes for basically zero room for the glove box. But I did modify the glove box so that it will hold my important papers and perhaps a "pair of gloves" HERE is a link to my build thread and specifically the modification I made to the glove box to make it fit.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running heat/defrost, wipers, a Coyote, and the standard firewall, starting with a blank dash (doing S/C layout)... and as mentioned it is very tight. Here's a link
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m daring, I elected to go firewall forward mod, Coyote engine, heater/defroster wipers and full size glove box. I have the heater installed and it fits with nothing to spare. With the help Mr. Fixit’s excellent thread on the subject I’ve made some changes to accommodate the firewall forward.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.