Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can anybody help me with determining the dimensions of the cab internally?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Can anybody help me with determining the dimensions of the cab internally?

Hello,

I am trying to decide if I will order a'35 Pickup.
    An issue for me is how much room there is to fit in the cab.
    I am 198cm and 140Kg (just under 6'6" and 300LB).

I have read some comments about moving the pedal box to assist with leg room, others have talked about maximising legroom for somebody who is 5'8" (I am feeling a little underinformed).

I suspect my main issue will be height from the seat to the roof.
    From the base of the seat to the top of my head is almost 38"
    with no allowance for "head room".
    Some comments would be appreciated, Thank you.

regards

Mo.

Post Thanks / Like
    my 210 pd body fills bench seat

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 6'3" tall and 230 lbs. It is a tight fit for me. I do not think you would fit very well in the 35. A 33 roadster would fit you better IMO. I had a 6'8" guy fit in my old 33 coupe OK. Best of luck to you.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Hot-Rod-Pickup

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mo,
    I’m 6’6”, 220#. I tried to sit in the truck and it is too small for me in its stock configuration. Leg room was more of a problem than head room. I built a MK-IV with Kirkey seats and some adjustments to the pedals and some minor sheet metal modifications. I was hoping that I could fit into the truck with similar alterations. Not so.

Since I sat in the truck however, I have seen Herb remove the rear cross bar on the roll bar to make more room and NAZ showed me how he moved the pedal assembly forward and down on his 33. If you are willing to make some structural changes it might be possible. I haven’t given up hope but I know some cutting and welding will be required to get me into the truck.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gentlemen,
    I appreciate the feed back. I must say the roadster doesn't ring the bells quite as well as the 35 does. Time for a quiet rethink. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 33 Hot Rod has more room than the truck, especially the new version. The bench seat east up head room and leg room. Roadster seats or something custom for sure.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody tell me dimensions inside from door to door? Will a 48" bench fit? Sure wish FFR had some measurements on their site

8. Thanks Houdini thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    rember on the FFR truck thers a driveshaft tunnel through the bottom of the seat
    my seat is out for upholstery

Post Thanks / Like

your seat question

Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    Can anybody tell me dimensions inside from door to door? Will a 48" bench fit? Sure wish FFR had some measurements on their site
    OK I measured from door frame to door frame inside close to where your butt will sit
    and it was 43 1/2 I suppose the seat if smaller yet

my seat is out at upholstery and it looks like a over stuffed couch after the upholstery guy modified the cushon so that measurement would be kinda bogus

hope that answers your question

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, probably a standard 42". About how high is the trans tunnel where the seat sits? Ive been going back and forth between 33 and truck forever but think I'll pull the trigger Friday on a truck. But I'm just 5'7" 170lb so should be OK. Just wish I could see one up close first Seen the 33's at shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    The tunnel in the supplied seat opening is 7 1/2” high and 7” wide. Unfortunately the fiberglass tranny tunnel is 8” wide where the seat fits over it, so some modification is required. FFR is supposedly working on a fix, and some seat risers. The alum. tunnel is about 6 1/2” high.
    Ralph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I talked with FFR today going over the options and asked about the tunnel issue. Been following all the builds and saw that everyone has had the same problem. When I asked specifically about it he said that it was because of wrong parts? Thanks again all for the info!